Ken B

The new Farm truck...

squonk

Might even ride a tad better with some weight on the springs! :)

stevebo

Ken stopped down to where I keep my boat this weekend and I took him up on his "sideline" blow by:D.... How did it sound Ken??

Ken B

After the work I did on it tonight it is going to sound much better..... You will have to do another blow by... Pretty darn clean in there. It is in fact the original engine, I checked the numbers.
20150901_181419_zpslasywuap.jpg

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 3

squonk

Aftermarket intake or did you just pull it to look Ken? 

Ken B

The intake gaskets were starting to leak pretty good so it was time to do them. The truck ran pretty darn good but it was sometimes a little slow to start and it popped quite a bit out of the exhaust when letting off the gas and I hated the popping.... What I found when I pulled the distributor out was that the rotor was just kinda flopping around under the cap. The two screws that hold the rotor on were holding it on by a half thread or so...So, whoever just put that new cap and rotor on their job was no bueno, and it wasn't me. So, after I buttoned it all up I tapped the gas once and it fired right up. I let it idle for a minute or so and jabbed the throttle a few times. No more popping and it runs even smoother than it did before. I'll probably do valve seals tonight...

stevebo

What is taking you so long?? Don't you have a boat to restore or an outboard motor to rebuild too?

• Like 1

Ken B

What is taking you so long?? Don't you have a boat to restore or an outboard motor to rebuild too?

Pot Kettle Steve... And its all your fault! :ROTF:

• Like 3

Ken B

A few weeks ago I got new tires put on, I decided too stick with the original split rims. The truck now rides and handles like a new truck. Not a squeak or rattle in it. Squonk asked for some under hood pics....
20150917_065526_zpswtntnmdj.jpg
20150917_065510_zpsmayssrlt.jpg
20150917_065427_zpsamdwfrla.jpg
20150917_101101_zps4suthaxa.jpg

• Like 6

Sparky

No power steering or power brakes......that's a man's truck!!
Mike.......

Ken B

No power steering or power brakes......that's a man's truck!!
Mike.......

She's got power steering...

squonk

Man I would put power brakes on that if it were me. Especially if towing a boat or installing a camper. I had a 73 1/2 ton with manual brakes and that was a foot full to stop. I went to a boneyard and pulled the master and vac booster off a 3/4 and and an hour later it was done.

You need a Turbo-Fire decal on the air cleaner. Just pick a HP level! :) Oh and a " Keep your GM vehicle all GM" Delco decal.

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

Very nice Chevy , does it have a wood bed in it? The picture of rear looked like someone had put a wood bed .

Ken B

Man I would put power brakes on that if it were me. Especially if towing a boat or installing a camper. I had a 73 1/2 ton with manual brakes and that was a foot full to stop. I went to a boneyard and pulled the master and vac booster off a 3/4 and and an hour later it was done.

You need a Turbo-Fire decal on the air cleaner. Just pick a HP level! :) Oh and a " Keep your GM vehicle all GM" Delco decal.

Power brakes are for sure in its future. I just have to round up the parts. It sure does take a foot fill to stop it, ya gotta be prepared and I keep my distance from people in front of me. New decals for sure.

Very nice Chevy , does it have a wood bed in it? The picture of rear looked like someone had put a wood bed .

It does have a wood floor in it, came like that from the factory...

• Like 2

truckin88

Ken any update? I love it!

Brian01

Farm truck hell, that's show material! LoL

Like it.

Ken B

Not too much to update on. I bought the truck mid August and to date I have put 2000 trouble free miles on it. I took it to a few shows this summer, one was at the Southbury training school which is a pretty big show. There were at least a few hundred cars and probably 60 trucks in attendance.. My truck got quite a bit of interest and one guy even made an offer on it, even though it wasn't for sale. Quite a few veterans of the show told me I would probably take the nicest original truck award if I stuck around until 4 pm when the judging results were handed out. No one could believe that the truck was 100% rust free for a northern truck but they all admitted seeing is believing. Unfortunately I couldn't stay to the end of the show  If the Big show was a few hrs. closer to home and not almost all highway driving I'd take it. In a few weeks she'll be put away for winter/ I'm looking for a set of 2004- ish stock Chevy aluminum rims for it, one of my rear split rims is a little tweaked and it shimmies a little on the highway. Other hopeful plans for over the winter are to replace the wood slats in the bed and redoing the seat in nice leather. Still looking for the right period correct truck camper! The last two pics were taken today.
20150920_100509_zpsizxytsda.jpg
20151113_151354_zpsboqzcibc.jpg
20151113_154725_zps6u6wq4m7.jpg

• Like 3

squonk

REAL WORDS ON THE GAUGES!!!! :)  :)  :)   :)  :)

Edited by squonk

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ken. that truck was a real find. super sweet

Glenn

JimD

As is always the case with you Ken, when you get your hands on something it always comes out the other side better than it was. And you don't rely on someone else to do it for you. You do it yourself if you can. Hat's off to another fine clean up on aisle 4. You do nice work. :)

• Like 5

Ken B

Decided it was time to do a decent drive by.... Click on the pic.
th_20151115_120753_zpsdbwyz951.mp4

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 5

stevebo

I am liking the drive by....:ph34r:

• Like 1

Sparky

Sounds good....not to loud at all!
Mike.....

Ken B

I just got my seat recovered in fine Italian leather... It helps to work for a leather company.. I also added new sill plates, new rubber floor mat and new shift boot. My old shift boot had a crack in it allowing road noise into the cab, its amazing how quiet it is in my truck now. Almost too quiet...

20160116_162715_zpsesmoecul.jpg

• Like 1

dclarke

That really looks good, Ken.  Love the tach on the column.

stevebo

I saw the seat and interior upgrades a few days ago. Sitting in that seat is like a brand new truck and the leather is top of the line for sure!!