Ken B

The new Farm truck...

Aldon

Beats sleeping in a tent in my opinion. Kind of retro too. 

Be be nice set up for big show. 

Tow a trailer full of horses in style! 

Pragmatic horse hauler!

JimmyZ

You need a bed camper for next years Big Show. I love that truck and haven't even seen it yet. 

squonk

Ken will need a good bed after rockin that floor shifter all the way to PA! :lol:

Ken B

I really don't know if this truck will make the big show. I haven't had it on the highway yet to see how it feels as far as gear ratio's go... I'm betting it turns 3000 rpm in the 60-65 mph range which is a bit much for such a long ride. I'm scouring Ebay and I will look in my father in laws garage this weekend for a period correct tachmeter to install. And then there is the reality that it probably gets 8 mpg. On a GOOD day. I wouldn't be part of any convoy because I'd probably be keeping it at 55 if I do take it. But we shall see! 
This stepside was a great truck but it didn't quite make it home from a BIG SHOW 3 yrs. ago. I want no repeats of that!
IMG_0446.jpg

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 1

Ken B

Beats sleeping in a tent in my opinion. Kind of retro too. 

Be be nice set up for big show. 

Tow a trailer full of horses in style! 

Pragmatic horse hauler!

I hear ya there Aldon. A truck camper would be a lot of fun. I would want one fully pimped out, toilet, shower, the whole shebang! But it needs to be period correct to my truck. I have wanted one for a real long time now. Since the late 80's when I had my 86 Ford F-250 4x4 to be exact... As I get a little older a good nights sleep is becoming a lot more important. At this years show I slept like crap in my van for two straight nights and that does have an effect on how the weekend goes. Here is a picture of a camper I restored inside and out a few yrs. back...
IMG_0372.jpg

• Like 5

stevebo

I think I may be staying in hotel at next years show.

• Like 2

Aldon

Nice camper. My wife thinks I am crazy as I too like the period correct stuff. Trying to relive youth or freeze time I guess. But it's what makes me tick!

• Like 1

CRE1992

Sweet truck Ken I'm jealous. If you want a period correct trailer... and based on what I've seen you do to an aluminum boat... you need to get an old airstream!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

squonk

Staying in a Motel costs bucks but I say it's worth it. Your own bed, shower, A/C if it's blistering out & no work setting up and tearing down. Stayed at a real nice one at Chambersburg. JUST BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW! :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

pfrederi

Staying in a Motel costs bucks but I say it's worth it. Your own bed, shower, A/C if it's blistering out & no work setting up and tearing down. Stayed at a real nice one at Chambersburg. JUST BRING YOUR OWN PILLOW! :)

The Army paid me to "camp out".  Now I stay in  hotels...roughing it is a hotel without a pool

• Like 3

muz123

Those are nice trucks!

papaglide

Alright, I just got to say it: 
Ken, your truck looks pretty nice for a Chevy.

image.jpg

• Like 3

953 nut

The Army paid me to "camp out".  Now I stay in  hotels...roughing it is a hotel without a pool

That is why I enlisted in the Navy, dry bunk to sleep in and three hot meals a day. I too will go the motel route.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: ...dry, right up until that ol' tub sinks.
                        Papa's right, them old Chevy's rule Ken. 
:handgestures-thumbupright:
chevy-logo1.gif

• Like 4

Ken B

Spent 3.5 hrs. down at the DMV yesterday after work registering the truck. What a nightmare. Thank God for Smart Phones! The time went by pretty quick as I was able to kill the time browsing Craigslist...

• Like 2

stevebo

Spent 3.5 hrs. down at the DMV yesterday after work registering the truck. What a nightmare. Thank God for Smart Phones! The time went by pretty quick as I was able to kill the time browsing Craigslist...

For what ?????

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

For what ?????

a truck?

Glenn

JimmyZ

You never know what KenB may be browsing Craiglist for...he's got a million interests and many hobbies!

• Like 1

Ken B

You never know what KenB may be browsing Craiglist for...he's got a million interests and many hobbies!

Brother Dave hit the nail on the head...

Edited by Ken B

fireman

Maybe lookin' for that camper for the bed :eusa-think:

• Like 1

C-85

I love both of these trucks, I just love the old Chevys! 

If you ask me, these shouldn't be farm trucks, they should be museum pieces!:):)

Ken B

Maybe lookin' for that camper for the bed :eusa-think:

Bingo!

fireman

From what I've seen there is a ton of them out there especially the older style to match your trucks vintage. Only problem is going to be finding one that is not completely roached out. Not that that's a problem for someone with your skills! Cant wait to see what you find! 

squonk

The old campers are built better than the new ones. Find a Scotty brand from that era. Real wood!

CRE1992

Ken look up Avion slide in campers from the late 60s. All aluminum... Would look great in that truck.