Ken B

The new Farm truck...

squonk

AWESOME! :bow-blue:  Watch out for that shifter tube to get stuck! :) Also those hoods weigh more than most of today's cars. We had 2 65 C-65's at one place I worked. A tow truck painted pink we called "The Pink Elephant" and an orange bucket truck used to pick apples. Both had the 6 banger. I could climb in under the hood and close it and no one knew I was in there! :)

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

You can't go wrong with that Ken...you do need an 8 track stereo for that dash board...I have some tapes.  :)  That looks like a 223 under the hood???  Are the lifters solid or hyd...thinking they are hyd. 

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2

Sparky

Sweet! I love the 62-66 body style!
Mike.......

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Amazing condition as you said! That should have the Third Generation Six with a displacement of 230 cu. in. They were improved with a seven-main bearing crank and interchanged some items, including bellhousing,  with the V-8 (hint!). Glad to read that it will get dual master cylinder. Any thoughts on the fuel tank in the cab?

Looks good! Waxed and polished by Tuesday? :D

• Like 3

Ken B

I think in time I will relocate the fuel tank to the rear.. I do think its the 230 six cylinder... The old timer I bought it from couldn't remember if it was a 230 or 292 and to be honest I haven't looked into it yet..I have a 350 LT1 motor out of 1970 Vette that my father in law built yrs. ago that has been sitting prepped on a stand in his garage.. There is also an M-22 rock crusher 4-speed at his house. His plans were to put the combo in a truck such as this one but sadly time ran out for him... It might wind up in the truck someday if the old 6 banger ever lets go..When he got into the truck to back it out of the garage that old 6 started with one quick bump of the key...

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 4

slammer302

got to love them old trucks ive been working on dads old j3000

barrys pics 451.jpg

barrys pics 458.jpg

barrys pics 456.jpg

• Like 9

953 nut

If it were mine I would also change the front brakes to power disc, once you are accustomed to them the old drum brakes seem like Fred Flintstone brakes.

• Like 2

squonk

You can't go wrong with that Ken...you do need an 8 track stereo for that dash board...I have some tapes.  :)  That looks like a 223 under the hood???  Are the lifters solid or hyd...thinking they are hyd. 

Even if they are hyd, all the ones I've been around tick like a clock! :) Doubt it's a 292 I believe they look a bit different but I could be wrong.plus 292's were in mostly the HD truck line. That truck being original they were pretty spartan back then. What  would really be cool is one of those GMC V-6's in there. Gives it the "409" look. Now I 've got to get my old Chevy book out!

Steve, any Trini Lopez 8 tracks? 

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

squonk

My Chevy book doesn't give engine specifics but the base model truck which this seems to be with the painted bumpers and matching caps sold for $2060.00 and was model C-1534 :)

Wishin4a416

Very nice!! A long time ago I worked for a Farmer that had one that body style. It was a GMC with a short bed..I always liked that truck..

Digger 66

That thing is absolutely gorgeous .
One of my all time fantasy's is to have a modern 4x4 silverado wrapped in that skin .

• Like 2

JPWH

Nice pickup. I also like that body style.
I had a 60 fleetside with a 283 in high school. Should have kept it. I replaced it 2 years later with a 66 stepside. It's been gone for years. I agree with changing to disc brakes.

dclarke

I worked for my Dad in his auto parts store back in the early '70's and put a lot of miles on our '65 chevy delivery truck. Same engine, tranny and color as yours but ours was a short bed. I remember it didn't have a radio so someone hung what I suppose was a tractor radio from the top of the cab. Wish I still had it. Good luck with yours, Ken. I'll be watching what you do to it with lots of interest. 

stevebo

Shoot that is not old.... It is a late model compared to my ride:ychain:
It is gonna look sweet with a Burb in the back up at the kent show!!

• Like 1

Ken B

I worked for my Dad in his auto parts store back in the early '70's and put a lot of miles on our '65 chevy delivery truck. Same engine, tranny and color as yours but ours was a short bed. I remember it didn't have a radio so someone hung what I suppose was a tractor radio from the top of the cab. Wish I still had it. Good luck with yours, Ken. I'll be watching what you do to it with lots of interest. 

It will be fun that is for sure. This still has the factory AM radio and it works!

• Like 1

Ken B

Shoot that is not old.... It is a late model compared to my ride:ychain:
It is gonna look sweet with a Burb in the back up at the kent show!!

Steve, this one is an antique, yours is an artifact or something...

• Like 3

JimmyZ

Great catch. remember this one?
old%2018_zpshupnmngz.jpg

• Like 5

squonk

It will be fun that is for sure. This still has the factory AM radio and it works!

Does it have vacuum tubes? :teasing-poke:

Ken B

How could I possibly forget my first vehicle, handed down to me by brother Dave, (JimmyZ) when he joined the Navy? She may have been known as Old #18 by everybody when you drove it to high school but I'll never forget the first day I rolled into the high school parking lot with it. All it took was one of my buddies to shout out, "Hey Ken nice Milk truck!" and that was that. For the next yr. it was known thru out the entire high school as the Milk truck. I tried explaining that it was an electrical service truck and that the rack behind the cab was one half of a ladder rack and NOT a roll bar.. Nope, to everyone it was the Milk truck. Even a few teachers busted my balls calling it that (especially Mr. Howard). Hey, no worries. More than a few chicks were more than happy to ride in the Milk truck! Hard to believe this pic of me was over 30 yrs. ago... I miss that truck and I would proudly drive it today, even if Stevebo hates Fords!
ScannedImage-22-1.jpg

• Like 8

wallfish

Back to the Future!
You look like Michael J Fox in that pic, Ken
Nice score on the new ride

• Like 4

squonk

What a Cool Breeze! :lol:

Ken B

There might be complications here... Stay tuned....

Aldon

Coincidentally it was RED! Got you started off in the right direction.

stevebo

There might be complications here... Stay tuned....

oh boy.....:ph34r:

• Like 1