Steve60

Hi everyone,

Steve60

New member from Ohio. In need of a used mower and looking to gain some knowledge about Wheel Horses. 

WNYPCRepair
:text-welcomeconfetti:

slammer302

Welcome to RS! Can you give us some more information about lawn mower needs like how big is your yard is it flat or hilly are you looking for some thing with attachments and whats your price range? this information will help us point you in the right direction 

Sparky
:WRS:

Mike........

AMC RULES

JC 1965

Hello and :WRS:

Ed Kennell

New member from Ohio. looking to gain some knowledge about Wheel Horses. 

You came to the right place Steve.   :text-welcomeconfetti:

shallowwatersailor
:text-welcomewave: !

Sprocket

Hi and welcome on!

muz123

welcome!

Steve60

Welcome to RS! Can you give us some more information about lawn mower needs like how big is your yard is it flat or hilly are you looking for some thing with attachments and whats your price range? this information will help us point you in the right direction 

I wish to thank everyone for the warm welcome. The mower won't be used for lawn mowing but will be used to keep an area about 3/4 of an acre cut down to about 4". It used to be cattle pasture and also includes two septic system fields. The land is not hilly but does have a grade to it. I have a separate tiller and snowblower so I won't need attachments. Price range is around $500.00. I am mechanically inclined and can do most of any repair work myself as long as the parts are available. The mower I will be replacing is a 1972 MTD 16hp garden tractor with a 42" deck. Engine parts are no longer available for it. Thanks.
Steve60

slammer302

I think most any 300 400 series and even C series with a kohler would work good for you i would i personally would recommend a C-160 or 310-8 or 312-8 i think 10HP or bigger would work for you and you should be able to find one of these within your price range.
ps if you can find a B-80 in good shape these are also awsome wheel horses and can be found for cheap don't under estimate the 8 hp kohler   

Steve60

I think most any 300 400 series and even C series with a kohler would work good for you i would i personally would recommend a C-160 or 310-8 or 312-8 i think 10HP or bigger would work for you and you should be able to find one of these within your price range.
ps if you can find a B-80 in good shape these are also awsome wheel horses and can be found for cheap don't under estimate the 8 hp kohler   

Thanks for your suggestions slammer302. I'll start looking.
Steve60

can whlvr