jcp0420

New guy from IL

jcp0420

Hello everyone Im Josh and Im new to the wheel horse forum. Live in central IL.   Just bought my first a couple weeks ago. Its a raider 12, unsure of the year. Its probably not like mosts style in here.

Went into the purchase somewhat blind. I was in a rush since I needed it for an engine overhaul class. Not knowing that to look for, and definately not the original motor. But I asked a ton of questions and got a super good deal on it.  The front is already lowered to about an inch off the ground. It needs redone which I plan on doing and then do somewhat of a body drop on the rear. I like my vehicles on the ground lol. I will post a picture of my blazer as well. But I will definately be using this forum to its full potential and getting all the info I can on it. I like it and I guess in the end thats all that really matters. But I will enjoy this wheel horse until the end. 

mywheelhorse.jpg

mywheelhorse2.jpg

mine1.jpg

Edited by jcp0420
  • Like 3

Sparky
:WRS:

Mike........
  • Like 1

JPWH
  • Like 1

KC9KAS
:WRS: and thanks for the photos!
  • Like 1

jackhammer
:huhs:,,, well anyways , its yours and good luck with your project.

Welcome here , great forum to join
btw
central Illinois covers a lot of territory
Rick
  • Like 1

jcp0420
:huhs:

,,, well anyways , its yours and good luck with your project.

Welcome here , great forum to join

btw

central Illinois covers a lot of territory

Rick

Thanks, luck is definately what I will be needing. This is my first wheel horse. I figured my style was going to be very different than most on here anyways.

And Im in Arcola!

jackhammer

You getting redi for the "Cola" wars this fall ??

JC 1965

Hello Josh and :WRS:

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair
  • Like 1

953 nut
:text-welcomeconfetti:   Josh, I love the lowered look. You are correct about the engine not being stock, but since it is a Kool Kustom who cares!   :text-coolphotos:

The rear is very easy to lower; the trans axle bolts to a plate at the rear of the frame, just make a plate to bolt them together with the desired offset. 

The weekend following Father's Day the Wheel Horse Collector's Club has a "Big Show" in PA and the featured tractor this year will be Customs. Lower the rear, lay some flames or scallops on that baby and bring it to the show.
  • Like 2

jcp0420

You getting redi for the "Cola" wars this fall ??

I didn't know we were playing tuscila this year. I will definitely be going to that for sure!

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Josh, I love the lowered look. You are correct about the engine not being stock, but since it is a Kool Kustom who cares!   :text-coolphotos:

The rear is very easy to lower; the trans axle bolts to a plate at the rear of the frame, just make a plate to bolt them together with the desired offset. 

The weekend following Father's Day the Wheel Horse Collector's Club has a "Big Show" in PA and the featured tractor this year will be Customs. Lower the rear, lay some flames or scallops on that baby and bring it to the show.

That is a long ways for a show! But I've never been out that far east yet. Seems like it would be a cool show to see for sure!  And thanks for the Info on the rear. Trying to find some wider rear wheels and I will probably be cutting on the fenders some. Paint wise it will stay copper, have some sea foam green on the accents, and some pinstripping to top it all off!

• Like 2

jackhammer

Being from the Vermilion County Conference, I thought you 'Olas played each other every year.

We've  got our own grudge each year with Georgetown    ..  2 mining - beer drinking towns playing for the coveted  ... ' Coal Bucket '

Good luck with your low rider

Rick  :tools-hammerdrill:

Edited by jackhammer

stevasaurus

Welcome to Red Square...I am liking the custom for sure.  What are these cola wars??/  We have nothing like that up here.  We have the Cubs, Sox, DA Bears and DA Bulls...I would trade you the Cubs.  :)

jcp0420

Welcome to Red Square...I am liking the custom for sure.  What are these cola wars??/  We have nothing like that up here.  We have the Cubs, Sox, DA Bears and DA Bulls...I would trade you the Cubs.  :)

Used to be the big high school football rival. Arcola vs Tuscola. Tuscola is about 7 miles from me. But that has ended since they went up to a bigger confrence. We still have that chance to play them in the playoffs but thats about it now.  

And I'm a huge Cardinals fan. You can keep the cubs lol

Edited by jcp0420
  • Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Hi josh, wellcome aboard. METS fans only,,,,,,,lol

glenn

• Like 1

Bach-Ed

Welcome I'm in Champaign just up the road.   You'll find a lot of help here.  I don't know why people around here are Cardinals or Cubs fans.  I'm a native Chicago south sider GO SOX!

• Like 2

can whlvr

WNYPCRepair

Hello everyone Im Josh and Im new to the wheel horse forum. Live in central IL.   Just bought my first a couple weeks ago. Its a raider 12, unsure of the year. Its probably not like mosts style in here.

Went into the purchase somewhat blind. I was in a rush since I needed it for an engine overhaul class. Not knowing that to look for, and definately not the original motor. But I asked a ton of questions and got a super good deal on it.  The front is already lowered to about an inch off the ground. It needs redone which I plan on doing and then do somewhat of a body drop on the rear. I like my vehicles on the ground lol. I will post a picture of my blazer as well. But I will definately be using this forum to its full potential and getting all the info I can on it. I like it and I guess in the end thats all that really matters. But I will enjoy this wheel horse until the end. 

mywheelhorse.jpg

mywheelhorse2.jpg

Well, this is a little weird. I just saw this picture on Facebook earlier, and thought "I wonder what that color would look like on a WH?

Now, I know.  :)

The bottom picture of your tractor is awesome, by the way, the lighting is perfect.

copper_paint.thumb.jpg.a0a6da3e427441d82

Edited by WNYPCRepair
  • Like 1

jcp0420

Went into the purchase somewhat blind. I was in a rush since I needed it for an engine overhaul class. Not knowing that to look for, and definately not the original motor. But I asked a ton of questions and got a super good deal on it.  The front is already lowered to about an inch off the ground. It needs redone which I plan on doing and then do somewhat of a body drop on the rear. I like my vehicles on the ground lol. I will post a picture of my blazer as well. But I will definately be using this forum to its full potential and getting all the info I can on it. I like it and I guess in the end thats all that really matters. But I will enjoy this wheel horse until the end

Well, this is a little weird. I just saw this picture on Facebook earlier, and thought "I wonder what that color would look like on a WH?

Now, I know.  :)

The bottom picture of your tractor is awesome, by the way, the lighting is perfect.

Thanks man! I kind of like the paint, but I'm on the fence about it right now. Thinking of a complete re paint to a more ratty style like a reverse patina or something.  And that last picture was edited on my phone to give it that effect.  I do also like the way it came out though!

• Like 1

muz123

welcome!

• Like 1