horse junkie

wheel horse push mower

horse junkie

OK I know it's not a tractor but didn't know where else to ask. Has anybody ever seen a Wheel Horse push mower. I picked one up Saturday for $10
has a cast deck ,is self propelled (probably gear and chain driven) and has a 3.5 hp tecumseh. if anyony has seen one or knows where I can get some
info would be appreciated. Going to try and restore it after all it's still a Horse.
Thanks,Tim

• Like 4

Ethan and Randies horses

yes ive seen them international made them too.

wh500special

Sounds like one of the older REO models.  They're fairly common and I think every collector should have one.  Date from the late 60's or so.  There were quite a few different models available including push type, self propelled, and even electric start.  

More rare are but about as desireable are the newer models made by McLane from the mid 1980's.  These were the "vac mowers".   

From time to time WH offered other equipment to complement their riding products.  If you go way back they offered manual and engine powered reel mowers back in the 50's.   Oldest one I ever saw was owned by Tim from Newago, mi and it was a 60's era Pond powered reel mower.   

Neat stuff.  

Steve

Edited by wh500special
  • Like 1

horse junkie

So does anyone know where to find parts or info

55rj35jr

Here is my Wheel Horse push mower I bought a few years ago when I got it you could hardly see the red paint & logo. It has a 2 cycle Clinton engine it runs and mows pretty good,heavy steel deck.

385.JPG

386.JPG

384.JPG

• Like 7

wh500special

Wow, I've never seen one like THAT!

can you identify the year from the engine?  

CasualObserver

I'm very curious to see more pictures from all angles.  I have a feeling this is not OEM. It looks older than the decal (which started being used around 65) and the Reo by Wheel Horse models of that time frame look quite a bit different.  Not saying it's not possible... weird, prototype, "they didn't make that" kind of stuff pops up from time to time. Without documentation... who knows?

More pictures, please.  And yes, please try to find some engine specs.

Wheel-N-It
I have an old TORO Whirlwind pushmower from the late 50s. It was my Dad's and still has the original engine on it. I hope to get it running this Winter, and have hung on to it because in my mind it's a Wheel Horse since it's a TORO and my first Wheel Horse tractor is a TORO Wheel Horse.

horse junkie

Looking for any information on this mower year model. There's no i.d. tag on it. Paid $10 for it resto in progress.
Thanks,Tim20150819_111858.thumb.jpg.fc628b8652a3ac

• Like 1

Jennifer

Just got our first wheel horse push mower! (WHEEL HORSE 18 REO CHALLENGER) Aug. 22, 2021!!!!  Had to have!!  You got a better price!  Lol. Bought from 85 year old man that had a dealership out of his garage started in 1966 I believe he told us!  He was asking 150.  But he took a dollar for each year he was old I guess lol as we paid 85$. Also bought a large dealer manual binder full…. That was extra price lol…

Edited by Jennifer

gwest_ca