Ed Kennell

Tractor Rides

Ed Kennell

This little vagrant took up residency under my horse barn.

So I fed him some apples and took him for a ride on the 875.

IMG_4694.thumb.JPG.65358a9a751460f66c0a1

• Like 8

elcamino/wheelhorse

I have his cousin under my shed. The wife named him Ralph. I have been instructed to leave Ralph alone. I have considered give him a Prestone cocktail.

• Like 1

Aldon

All such creatures are very susceptible to heavy metal poisoning. Usually delivered through the skin at 36-3800 fpm.

Varmint Cong comes to mind:-)

FREEZE GOPHER!

carl14.jpg

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 4

WNYPCRepair

All such creatures are very susceptible to heavy metal poisoning. Usually delivered through the skin at 36-3800 fpm.

FREEZE GOPHER!

carl14.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Benjamin-Varmint-Power-Rifle-0-22-Calibre/dp/B00IVKAGQ4 works great, night or day. I had no idea it was as powerful as it is until I decided to "sting" a raccoon digging in my trash cans. I had to hide the body the next AM. 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

When I released him, he was last seen headed South at max speed...around 0.3MPH.     If he doesn't stop or change course, He should be in Maryland in 3 days.

• Like 4

WHX??

I hope that was a real long ride Ed or he will be back......Should have put him on a steady diet of lead....... course then his cousins would all move in. Chucks  can do some serious damage

• Like 2

WHX??

Hey....wait a minute.....weren't those apples for the Deere?!?!?!?:ychain:

Edited by WHX4
  • Like 2

KC9KAS

FREEZE GOPHER!

carl14.jpg

This is what my brother calls "High speed lead poisoning!"

FREEZE GOPHER!

carl14.jpg

This is what my brother calls "High speed lead poisoning!"

• Like 1

AMC RULES
Hey Ed...could you do me a favor please...
stop by here, pick up his little brother?
He wants a :wh: ride too.     
:greetings-wavingyellow:

IMG_3935.thumb.JPG.3b704782053055579310f

IMG_3951.JPG

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 2

Ed Kennell

Aww shucks...he looks too happy to move.  Is he enlarging the basement of the "MAGIC SHED" ?

• Like 4

AMC RULES
I think he's currently...     :hilarious:
adding a basement to his basement. 
  • Like 3

Michael D Conley

I gave four of them a ride this month! They we're destroying my sisters garden and yard!

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 7

HokieAg07

I have his cousin under my shed. The wife named him Ralph. I have been instructed to leave Ralph alone. I have considered give him a Prestone cocktail.

I had his entire extended family over here in Sandston earlier in the year. One by one they met their fate by 12 gauge or trap. Good luck with yours!

WNYPCRepair

I gave four of them a ride this month! They we're destroying my sisters garden and yard!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have to dispatch mine quietly, can't shoot a real gun, other than hunting season, and even then, shotgun only.

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I had his entire extended family over here in Sandston earlier in the year. One by one they met their fate by 12 gauge or trap. Good luck with yours!

Since I live in city limits I don't think I could get away with 12 gauge. Last year one was acting real strange so my wife's pellet rifle too care of him. My wife named the dang groundhog but hates squirrels. So she has a pump pellet /BB rifle for the rats with long tails.

WNYPCRepair

I wish I could get the damn mouse/vole eating my tomatoes!  Grrr!!!!!

• Like 1

Sprocket

Our neighbors have named theirs Gordon - I pronounce it "Gor-don"

CB loads or 22 short are about the same noise, trajectory and so on...just saying.

My situation prohibits me from using such "high speed lead poisoning" techniques but I like the style.  I'm limited to air propulsion and prefer the Crossman America Classic in 177 flavor since my Crossman 357 detonated - short range only...

There are no "Reds" nearby to keep out of the shed but there's a few "black & white Stripes" around - the gray tree rats are not a problem - no "racing stripes" aka Chippers either.  Not here, not yet.

If I were serious about some fruit - the raspberries would have netting etc. - I'd plant a pear, an apple and a different apple tree and plock a hammock down and just keep things in order using a 177 single stroke like I was 8 years old again...

• Like 1

Pullstart

image.jpg

what caliber is that?  I imagine they won't heal from those stings!  I love my 17HMR, need more varmints in the field to pop at!

Michael D Conley

image.jpg

what caliber is that?  I imagine they won't heal from those stings!  I love my 17HMR, need more varmints in the field to pop at!

22.250 Remington 700 bull barrel with a 12x mounted on top! Glasses and floated with a very light trigger pull. Coyote - Hog buster. I lose sleep wondering with my lower caliber weapons (if they happen to make it back to thier dens) if I have done my job. No guess work with the 250! Just way to many of the destructive varmints this year. Big sis is forever greatful especially after her husband shot thier shed.:laughing-rofl:

• Like 2

tunahead72

image.jpg

... Big sis is forever greatful especially after her husband shot thier shed.:laughing-rofl:

Okay, where's THAT photo?

Aldon

image.jpg

22.250 Remington 700 bull barrel with a 12x mounted on top! Glasses and floated with a very light trigger pull. Coyote - Hog buster. I lose sleep wondering with my lower caliber weapons (if they happen to make it back to thier dens) if I have done my job. No guess work with the 250! Just way to many of the destructive varmints this year. Big sis is forever greatful especially after her husband shot thier shed.:laughing-rofl:

When Sheds become pests, they require much bigger armament! 

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat: 
For them really pesky sheds...
I like to say...go big, or stay home.
   :greetings-wavingyellow:

• Like 2

Lagersolut

:icecream: 

If I don't stay on top of it all year,  they will  destroy my garden

Me horse and wagon go for a ride every day to check them...9 so far this year ....23 last year.

6od3ly.jpg

Edited by Lagersolut

tunahead72

When I released him, he was last seen headed South at max speed...around 0.3MPH.     If he doesn't stop or change course, He should be in Maryland in 3 days.

:icecream: 

If I don't stay on top of it all year,  they will  destroy my garden

Me horse and wagon go for a ride every day to check them...9 so far this year ....23 last year.

6od3ly.jpg

Umm, Ed ... Is there any chance your critters are heading west instead of south?

Ed Kennell

He could make a right turn and end up in Spring Grove, But if he turns East toward Phoenixville, He will have to use the Norman Wood Bridge to get across the Susquehanna River.
So I doubt you will see him in your garden Tuna, but if you do, he likes to eat apples and ride tractors.

13580946394_d26ff8eafe_c.jpg