Sign in to follow this  
muka

e BAY

T-Mo

Thanks, Joel. I just saw your thread about this.....I was also going to post it in the "Site Suggestions". Guess great minds think alike...... :D

combatmp29r

Must be the green and red mix be both have :D :P

Jim_M

There's a prime example of excessive shipping charges on eBay right now. A parts manual for GT-14 for $7.95 with a shipping charge of $8.95.

It would ship in a 50 cent envelope with $1.50 worth of stamps. :D

I e mailed the guy and asked him politely if the $8.95 shipping was a typo. I copied and pasted his response below.

Hi, No typo, part of the price of the item is incorporated into the shipping. It would be going Priority mail. If you were to purchase more than one manual the shipping would only be the $8.95 for all of the manuals. Thanks

At least he's being honest about being dishonest!

Greg B.

EBAY isn't an option in our house. I have a sister-in-law that makes a pretty good supplemental income by bidding up her own antique offerings. She doesn't feel bad about it and says that everyone does it. Given her attitude, I just stay away from the place.

Greg B.

CasualObserver

Until someone catches her and reports her for "schill bidding." Ebay has a zero tolerance policy on that. I have a family member who was banned from ebay for it. I wouldn't broadcast that anymore... just my advice, because she's wrong...not everyone does it. (not that I'm naive enough to think it doesn't happen though either!)