Sign in to follow this  
fordsonmajortom

Raider14 rebuild

fordsonmajortom

Image005.jpg

This is the start of my Raider 14 nut and bolt rebuild. It's a Belgian built tractor. The model number is 1-0380 which says it should be a C160,but it's got a 14hp Kohler and is badged Raider 14. 8 Speed.Maybe they didn't think we could handle 16hp.

nwpahorseman

sweet start :banana:

Duff

Very nice, Michael! :D

Duff :hide:

kpinnc

Looks very nice so far!

Kevin

Stigian

Nice work Michel :hide:

Your photo has brought back memories of my Raider 10 rebuild..

I hope your rebuild goes a bit smoother than mine did :D

100_1855.jpg

fordsonmajortom

Image001-1.jpg

Here's the next stage.the next one is going to take a lot longer, painting the hood and fender. The steering wheel may not be the original as its got manufactured in England written on it, couldn't get it off without wrecking it.

The dash tower is a bit of a pain to paint with those inside faces to get a good coat of paint on.

Had to get another front wheel as one was smaller than the other, had a bit of luck as went to see the local mower man and he was going to throw some old wheels out that day so i got two for nothing result. :hide:

poodle

hey could you post some pics of how your clutch is setup I have a 1056 that I think that it would be cool to make a clutch pedal for it and separate the brake by its self the tractor is pretty hacked from the previous owner and I'm turning it in to a puller/ workhorse for the yard

TT

hey could you post some pics of how your clutch is setup I have a 1056 that I think that it would be cool to make a clutch pedal for it and separate the brake by itself

The only way you could even attempt to have separate pedals on a 1056 is if you can get the pieces from a '76/'77-ish B-80/100 or C-100/120/160 8 speed tractor and retrofit the "crossover" bellcrank into the hoodstand.

You can use your current clutch pedal and rod, but you will need all of the brake pieces.

Go to the Toro MPV or Partstree.com and enter 71-12K801 as the model number and select the "Brake/clutch & Speed Control Linkage" plate for a diagram.

It might be more than you want to get into..... although I have thought about attempting it a few times myself. :hide:

poodle

thanks TT it was just a thought but now that I found it's possible I have always been one to attempt the impossible and I think it would deff be cool thanks for the info I'll post it in the wanted section to see if any one has a parts tractor thanks again

Stigian

Any progress updates Michael?? :hide:

fordsonmajortom

Any progress updates Michael?? :hide:

The engine is in and running, all thats left to do is to complete the painting of the hood and seat pan. There were no major problems ,just a few cracks to weld up on the hoodstand and seatpan. Will post a new pics in new year.

Going on the Boxing day tractor road run to the Six Bells, with the Fordson Major today.

Michael

fordsonmajortom

Image020.jpg

Here is the next stage of the rebuild.

Image023.jpg

TJ

Good work. :hide: I like your exhaust system.

fordsonmajortom

Good work. :hide: I like your exhaust system.

The exhaust system was fitted by the previous owner, because the carb after about two hours mowing would start dripping petrol onto the hot exhaust underneath it , he thought it was getting a bit dangerous so he fitted it.

I have fitted a carb kit and it hasn't started dripping with me yet.

The silencer is a small straight through auto silencer but is still quite noisy and when the engine is on overrun pops and bangs in the silencer(muffler) with a short flame out the back. It probobly needs the valves grinding in but runs to well to be worthwhile to do a teardown.

Stigian

Nice work Michael you have been busy :D

The exhaust looks good, i bet it's a bit quieter on the ears as well :hide:

Which paint did you use? It looks like Smoothrite :hide:

fordsonmajortom

Nice work Michael you have been busy :hide:

The exhaust looks good, i bet it's a bit quieter on the ears as well :hide:

Which paint did you use? It looks like Smoothrite :D

The paint is New Holland Q coat M F red. Its brush painted as i cannot spray in my garage at home. The local Haynes dealership is just behind my work so its easy to get.I tried I H red but i thought it was to dark.

Stigian

:whistle: Brush painted!!!

That's a hell of a nice brush job Michael :thumbs:

fordsonmajortom

IMG_0005.jpg

Nearly finished just got to install the lights and a few other small bits and pieces. The paint being brush painted looks pretty good until you get up close, a bit of polish and some reflections make it look better in the photo.

fordsonmajortom

20082008001-1.jpg

Here's a before photo after the after photo.

TJ

I striped and brush painted my 310 four years ago. Used Rustoleum Regal Red, and it has held up fine. Decals allow the eye to slide right over any brush lines. You did a great job. The before and after pictures really tell the story.

If your like Me, after putting in all that work, the first scratch is a killer. After that it's just another day working with the tractor.

Nice pictures, great job well done. :thumbs:

Duff

If your like Me, after putting in all that work, the first scratch is a killer. After that it's just another day working with the tractor.

Amen on that!

...and GREAT work on the tractor!

Duff :thumbs:

WHC-125

VERY NICE JOB :thumbs: :whistle:

Coadster32

SWEET!! Awesome job. I am inspired to brush my frame now :thumbs: !!

williambogner

WOW :thumbs: Looks great! good luck with it i can tell its got a good owner

William