Rexemouse

Another One Saved, 312-8 Loader Project, FEL

CRE1992

Sweet project! Hopefully someday I will have something like that. Looks great.

• Like 1

Aldon

I like the steering wheel. Very nice looking tractor!

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Looks great!

• Like 1

slammer302

That's great Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

roadapples

Great job! You`ll wonder what you did without it. What size front tires and what width wheels? Thanks, jay.

Edited by roadapples
  • Like 2

KC9KAS

You really did a great job on rebuilding the tractor and loader. :handgestures-thumbup:
Thanks for the photo's.

Did you say you had the set-up to make hydraulic hoses? Maybe you are already listed I the vendors section for replacement hoses!

• Like 1

AMC RULES
Appears all your day-dreaming...
has really paid off.
    :handgestures-salute:
  • Like 1

jackhammer

I really like that set up  - - hope it does what you need it to .~!!!

But I have 2 questions  1 for you and 1 for tunaslayet

1st   3rd picture down - -  have you finished up that tile work ???

2nd  Need to know how tunaslayet got that out of a dumpster upside down ..  would take 2 men and a boy.   Just messing with you guys.

• Like 2

doc724

Very nice.  I remember the post when Tuna fished that machine out of the dumpster

• Like 1

Ken B

You did a real nice job on that, well done!

• Like 1

Pullstart

That's an impressive story!  Nice work rebuilding the tractor, I wonder what made someone want to toss it?

• Like 1

wrightorchid

Wow.  I'd love to find a loader down here.

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

Very nice save, rebuild and improvement job on your Wheel Horse tractor Rexemouse!  A real show stopper !

• Like 1

Kelsey

When I first saw the photo, I thought the WH had a new pivoting hand controller for a steering wheel
then I read the thread. Outstanding renewal job on the tractor!

wheelboy.jpg

• Like 1

JC 1965

WOW !!   Nice job, really looks great.          :thumbs2:

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Excellent rescue and build-up. Looks like a perfect little loader tractor! Nice job, and thanks for sharing. :thumbs: 

TunaSlayet

Well, I actually dragged the horse out of the 40yd dumpster with the door open. I used my F150, 100' of rope, and a wire pulling pulley.(I am a sparky by trade). It crashed and banged onto the asphalt, then I flipped it and winched it onto my flat bed trailer. Oh, it was snowing bad too. This could literally have been a wheelhorse commercial. All I can say is hats off to the engineers that built these. Bravo! I had plans of keeping this tractor, and in hindsight, wish I had. This tractor had zero rust issues. Every bolt and nut was factory fresh. So the only person I know that would have seen the potential is Rexymouse. And now the 312-8 and the pf engineering loader live happily ever after! Great job on the hood man. That bad Larry should lift the 416-8....next wheelhorse Wednesday. Maybe just to pressure wash the undercarriage? 

Edited by TunaSlayet
  • Like 2

gsummers

Great job doing some dumpster diving, I would have been in there without air tanks if I would ever see something like that!!!!!!!

• Like 2

slammer302

That thing looked better than most of the horses ive paid good money for. And to think someone threw it away just boggles my mind Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

boovuc

That is one of the best saves I've seen. Great job both of you! I love the setup on the PF FEL. (Controls). 
What's in the weight bucket?

Rexemouse

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback!

The front tires are 4-ply turfsavers 16x6.5 8.  I believe they are factory size for 400 series.

I had to have 4 hoses made to get the loader running.  I re-used some hoses that I got from my friends dad along with a fresh 6GPM pump and control valve.  The deal also included a nice hadex pump, large hydraulic motor, diverter valve, throttling valve with foot pedal, and an aboxious amount of hoses (1/2 JIC).  Tuna and I are thinking about using the pump and motor for a loader-mount 2-stage blower for his 420LSE.  I have no idea what machine these components were stripped from, but it was definitely something homemade.
WP_20150606_016.jpg.552c55ef82d0adab3c64
WP_20150606_008.jpg.45ad0d8e48635717d1db

The weight box uses exercise cable weights.  I eventually plan on welding a nice cap to cover the weights.  WP_20150806_004.jpg.b616dd3408373bb9c455WP_20150712_001.jpg.87c788dc6f0d93392f72

And i did finish tiling... It just took me 2 months because I couldn't keep my mits off the horse.  My girlfriend thinks I have a problem.

Edited by Rexemouse
  • Like 3

Kelsey

That's a beautiful thing.

DennisThornton

Great story with great pictures!
Thanks!
Dennis Thornton

boovuc

Just an awesome restoration! The weight box is sweet and yes......you have a problem! In her mind! Your normal to us! :banana-explosion:

• Like 2