Sea-Duck51

Wheel Horse Honey Hole

Sea-Duck51

I was looking for a small tractor with FEL and came across this honey hole,only interested in the D-160 but offered to buy them all to help out the owners son,father is not well,only thing I know is the D-160 (350 hrs on tractor)was re-powered a year ago with Wisconsin engine,no specs on that,supposedly they all run,414-8 has a belly mower so gents judging by the pics what's a decent price for all three tractors.
D-160 W/FEL
416-8
414-8

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Sea-Duck51
Add info
  • Like 7

stevasaurus

You are not kidding...that is a Honey Hole.  I would not know where to begin on a price for all of that...especially in Oregon.  Good luck and hope you get it.  :)

• Like 1

Sea-Duck51

The advertised price for the tractors all together is $2100,not sure that's a fair or reasonable price,especially here in Oregon.
414-8. $600
416-8. $500
D-160. $1000
 the D-160 wasn't originally for sale,noticed it in the background and we agreed on the price over the phone,won't be able to physically check them out for another week or so,know absolutely nothing about WH tractors,retired and looking for a toy as I operated Heavy Equipment years ago in the military,yep mid-late crisis coming on.

Edited by Sea-Duck51
  • Like 2

Tankman
I would think, with the loader 'n all, not a bad price.

Keep in mind "advertised price", that's the "asking price."

Let us know how you make out and, good luck!

Sea-Duck51
I would think, with the loader 'n all, not a bad price.

Keep in mind "advertised price", that's the "asking price."

Let us know how you make out and, good luck!

Thx,don't believe WH tractors have the same collectibility here as in the mid-west or elsewhere,missed out on a Case 646 for $800 and trying not to let my emotions overrule my wallet,was trying to bundle them all just to sweeten the deal.

bmsgaffer

Collectible or not, $2100 for three decent looking, good running tractors with a FEL is a GREAT price.

Round these parts, a complete FEL goes for $1500 or so by itself. If you get that wagon in with everything else thats even sweeter.

I don't think WH is very common out on that coast, so you might not have much in the way of "parts tractors" around for sale but there's plenty over here to keep your herd up and running.

• Like 3

Sea-Duck51

Thanks for the input guys,hopefully the deal comes through and my garage will be full of Red Horses,my plan is to restore/refurbish the D-160 and probably sell the others.

Collectible or not, $2100 for three decent looking, good running tractors with a FEL is a GREAT price.

Round these parts, a complete FEL goes for $1500 or so by itself. If you get that wagon in with everything else thats even sweeter.

I don't think WH is very common out on that coast, so you might not have much in the way of "parts tractors" around for sale but there's plenty over here to keep your herd up and running.

yes the wagon comes with it as well,he said there is also a "plow" that comes with the D-160?,gentlemen that owned it for over 20 years has Alzheimer's,he paid $1000 to re power it a year ago so until I lay eyes on them it's all speculation,just want to make an honest offer so both party's walk away feeling good.

• Like 1

slammer302

i would sell the 416-8 and keep the 414-8 and the D-160 

Sea-Duck51

To my knowledge there hasn't been any offers on the two smaller tractors,without a deck their not worth much out here,you can buy a really nice newer lawn tractor here for 600-1000 on CL,these are nearly 30 years so that might help with the negotiations.

Aldon

There is value in taking them all in one deal for seller as well.

its a good deal. 

Knock off 2-300 for convenience of seller not having to deal with Craig's list crazies and it's a smoking deal.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I agree with what is stated above.  I also know, those are not the only horses out in those parts.  While they are rare out there, I know there are some in Cal and in Wash...I have helped some members in both of those places with transmissions.  This forum makes it a small world and if you need help with any thing it is here.  Heck, we have shipped things to England, Netherlands, Norway...Spain, Australia...I think we can find any part you need and it is in the states.  :)  Go for it and Welcome to Red Square.  :)

953 nut
:text-bravo:In my neck of the woods a good running Wheel Horse with a front end loader will fetch $ 2,000 any day of the week! If it wasn't for the 2500 mile drive I would be all over that deal.    
:WRS:
  • Like 1

Sea-Duck51

I agree with what is stated above.  I also know, those are not the only horses out in those parts.  While they are rare out there, I know there are some in Cal and in Wash...I have helped some members in both of those places with transmissions.  This forum makes it a small world and if you need help with any thing it is here.  Heck, we have shipped things to England, Netherlands, Norway...Spain, Australia...I think we can find any part you need and it is in the states.  :)  Go for it and Welcome to Red Square.  :)

I think your right,if I remember right the son told me his father brought them out from Missouri 20+ years ago when he retired,don't see many around these parts,sadly that doesn't make them rare or worth as much but a big thanks for everyone's input,definitely going to work every angle to make a deal.

• Like 2

Sea-Duck51

It's been a few weeks so updating,picked up the D160,after several hours trying to get the horse running ended up dragging it onto the trailer,after cleaning the points,wiggling some wires,coaxing some got it to fire and run,backfiring and sputtering but smoothed out some after 5 minutes,motor is about a year old B43M,local guy had it sitting on the shelf believe or not and only has about 20 hrs,price was adjusted and got a great deal,as for the other two they are in similar condition and might get those as well,tractor had a belly mower but was buried under years of blackberry vines so might get that but probably not worth much,here's some pics of new toy,btw can anyone tell me what year it is from VIN?,thx.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sea-Duck51

Sorry for the upside down pics can't figure out how to rotate..:(

muz123

that is a honey hole! there is so much wheel horses around us and we don't even know it!