cdsl810

312-A

cdsl810

Is there anything particularly bad about the Eaton 7 that's in the 312-A. I can pick up a 312-A for basically gas money tomorrow. Just checking to see if it has any known flaws. I'm thinking of giving it to my in-laws and taking back the 520-H of mine that they are using.

• Like 2

WNYPCRepair

Is there anything particularly bad about the Eaton 7 that's in the 312-A. I can pick up a 312-A for basically gas money tomorrow. Just checking to see if it has any known flaws. I'm thinking of giving it to my in-laws and taking back the 520-H of mine that they are using.

It's worth it just to get your 520 back.  :)

• Like 3

boovuc

Yup! Get your 520 back and hope that the 312-A lasts a season or two or three. Who knows. The 700 Eaton is a light duty tranny more geared towards mowing and pulling a cart around. If they push snow, I wouldn't do it!. It's OK for a snowblower since it's not pushing snow. No tilling period!

bmsgaffer

Agreed, for that price you cant go wrong with a horizontal shaft horse. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Especially if you get a 520 back!

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

Chris, my 312-A has over 1200 hours on it. I think it lasted more than two or three seasons. It is all in how they are used - and abused.

You might consider a fluid change, and of course the normal maintenance.

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 1

cdsl810

Well, didn't end up getting the tractor. See my next topic for detials, "Craigslist Nightmare"