TDF5G

Parts

TDF5G

Have a two part question.  

1) What is this spring (please see first pic)  It was in a box of parts of a 1977 B100 that was overhauled and the owner passed away before putting the engine back on the tractor.  I had to reassemble the pto but I have all the parts for it. 

2) Where can I get some speed clips?  These are used for attaching wiring to the tractor. (please see second pic)

Thanks, Todd, New Guy

photo 3.JPG

TOR_3023 SPEED CLIP.jpg

• Like 1

Aldon

I need the clips as well. Just had not gotten that far along yet. If no one chimes in, I think it might be highlighted in one of Martin's restoration threads. Probably others as well but I seem to recall that one.

oldredrider

Looks like a pto spring. Goes in a small hole in the triangle plate above the pto to the pto engagement shaft. Hooks to a cotter pin on the shaft.
Check McMaster Carr for the clips.

TDF5G

I've got that one.  It was my first thought also.  This spring is much smaller.

photo 4.JPG

JPWH

You should be able to find the clips at any auto parts store and where trailer wiring is sold.

TDF5G

Yeah, never occurred to me about trailer wiring.  I think my little utility trailer has those.  Thank you. 

Aldon

Found these on line ...CESM wire clips trailer frame....

Edited by Aldon

rmaynard

Having three B-100's, I should recognize it. But I honestly can't recall a spring that small. The only place I am thinking it may go is on the governor linkage.

TDF5G

I think there is only one spring on the governor and it's on there.  I'm looking at the parts manual for the engine, I only see the one spring.  

I'm beginning to think it doesn't belong to my tractor.  May have been thrown in the box by mistake.   I thought I'd just run it by you all to see if any you might recognize it.  

Thanks everyone.

Edited by TDF5G

KC9KAS

NAPA has the clips.

Fire_fighter625

I'm looking for deck wheels for a 308-8 and an 857. The guide wheels, not anti-scalpers.