Aldon

Question on right side brake pedals

Aldon

I am thinking of modifying my GT 14 to use a foot pedal for Hrdyo control in tandem with the shift control.

Were any right side foot pedals of similar looks to the GT 14 pedal on any other tractors made that don't have BRAKE in raised letters on them? The GT14 pedal below. Left side. The true Brake.

I am leery of having someone not aware in future hit that peddle thinking its a brake when it is in actuality the accelerator.

image.jpg

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

I've looked, but not for a GT-14.

My best thought was to use a grinder and just grind off the "Brake" wording before repaint. Opens up the options a little bit if you are going that way.

• Like 1

Aldon

Brandon,

I have an as of yet unused Hydro Kit that I purchased from Matt that I had planned to use on my C161. I had hoped to find something that would work for the modification on the GT 14's right hand side. Worst case I will use the Kit pedal. I had planned to place the kit in classified since he is not currently making them. Still may minus the pedal and pass the proverbial buck....

I know that the B Series and some of the 3 & 4 Series tractors had brake on right side. I was hoping I would find another model that BRAKE was not molded onto the pedal. Griding it off would be an option as you indicate as well.

Thanks for taking the time to look and respond.

bmsgaffer

Just sent you a PM.

ronhatch

If you're lucky, you could find a short length of  black rubber tubing that would fit tightly over the pedal. A  little rubber cement maybe be necessary.