Sign in to follow this  
Jay1775

211a pto help needed

Jay1775

Good evening gentlemen. I just picked up a WH 211A $15. It had a blown motor and i found a replacent for it however, when i took the old one off i found that the PTO clutch and bell were held up by the pto arm only. After doing a little research it seems the bell should have had a special washer and bolt that would screw into the shaft and hold that up separate from the clutch itself. Is this true? Do i need the bolt and special washer? The owner before me said it ran fine u til the engine blew. Any of your help and wisdom would be much appreciated.

thank you guys kindly
jay

image.jpg

gwest_ca

I would say replace the bolt. Without it there is nothing to hold it up when the pto is off so it would still have contact with the pto clutch lining. Coat everything with Never Seize so it will come apart later. Usually they are very difficult to remove because of rust. You were lucky.

Garry 

Jay1775

Thanks Garry. Only problem is then i do not have the special washer as they call it in part10. I guess i could fabricate the washer if its like a regular washer. 

Also it was pretty easy to take the pulley and pto off thank god.

Jay1775

Ok i think i figured out how this clutch goes together. I will post pics. Please comment. It seems the bearing chaser has a ridge inside of it fir the so called "special washer part 10" to grab onto and push the spacer and bell up in place. Then the pto itself will just sit below it and engage up into the bell when the pto lever is engaged.

let me know if my idea is sound or not.

so i beleive i need the special washer what ever that looks like!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

gwest_ca

That is the way I see it.

The 107750 washer is no longer available from Toro but you likely knew that.
Perhaps you could grind down a 7/16" SAE flat washer to fit. The natural direction of rotation will keep the bolt tight.

The 908195 hex head cap screw is 7/16"-20 x 1" long.

Garry

Jay1775

Thanks Garry. I wil give it a go this evening anf post pics so that future can view as well. 

image.jpg