Horse46

C 101 refresh n motor swap

Horse46
image.thumb.jpg.521a297667e9b2c8a3ce929fimage.thumb.jpg.fc3bbad7829ba11a2e9fde66image.thumb.jpg.6679803db0e4d05df449644aSpent this afternoon cutting back a bit of orange peel, and then couldn't resist putting the hood back on. 
  • Like 2

Horse46
IMG_4994.thumb.JPG.4697d823b192e899f3b41IMG_4996.thumb.JPG.8bdce538814204dd832be
  • Like 3

Horse46

My sump gasket came this week and today was the day I chose to get it done. 
Cant wait to get the motor in an get some seat time,
Unfortunately things didn't go to plan.
The sump came off easy enough but what lay inside was a bit of a surprise.image.thumb.jpg.b2409c2791b50205d7443d3fimage.thumb.jpg.28bee811ce848fbb4211ffa0image.thumb.jpg.4f6ee4a24d27f774a57b08b0

Can anyone identify the bits?
Con rod is obviously damaged but I can't see where the other bits are from.

The engine was running fine before I removed it , so I think the damage is limited to whatever the pieces are from. 

I'm not going to give up, I'm going to fix it and carry on with the plan to swap it out with the 10hp, but for the time being the 10hp is going back in.

Horse46

Well it's not all been bad news this week, my Birthday present turned up today and my latest Wheelhorse attachment.
My wife bought me a KAB seat, with a back rest, and I bought myself another 42" side exit mower deck, in almost new condition:D

I have re fitted the 10hp for now, I just need to get it running again. If I get my seat fitted as well hopefully I can fit the new deck and get me some much needed seat time. 

• Like 1

Pullstart

congrats on the score and happy birthday, too bad about the carnage in the case!

• Like 1

Horse46

I did manage to get the seat fitted tonight, it was a bit of a mess around but got there in the end. It was almost dark by the time I finished so no pics today. 
Just got to run some new fuel line and hopefully try to get it going again.

Horse46
image.thumb.jpg.c7028cf9083911257591be87image.thumb.jpg.290e4e394c09e41fecd5e97f
  • Like 3

953 nut

I had never heard of a KAB seat, that is very nice; happy birthday to you.

• Like 2

Horse46

I had the tractor running the other day, all appears to be fine, however, when I engaged the PTO it wants to cut out. Never did b4 refresh, I haven't taken anything off apart from pulling the connection under the dash, which I cleaned before putting back together. 
What else could be causing this?

mikekot3

Clean all the ground to shiny metal and apply conductive grease to prevent corrosion.

• Like 1

Horse46

Evening all, well the motor swap has taken a step in the right direction today, still a bit of work to do, but got a good bit done in the last cuople of days.
Honed the barrel, well de glazed it anyway. Crank and piston rod etc all back in, and I have left the balance gears out.IMG_5335.thumb.JPG.323eb89925ce73b4c3b74IMG_5337.thumb.JPG.0540b5bde4d6a109baef1

IMG_5340.thumb.JPG.3dc164374a7d19c3b3b0a

Horse46

Going to have to merge my threads soon, re fresh n engine swap is almost......that's all I'm saying just in case it goes Pete Tong again!
IMG_5343.thumb.JPG.ec0d4f84ee6dd859d5421

• Like 2

Horse46

IMG_5451.thumb.jpg.99cef8b9c585299cd62beA quick update, (read small) not a lot has happened since the last picture, I still need to set the governor and get the motor running, it's been to wet n miserable to want to play outside. 

I've been very lucky as my mother in law got me one of those repro headlight lenses for Christmas. I have a question though, I notice a lot of them get cracked, is this from vibration? Do any of you guys fit them with silicon to reduce the chances?

Edited by Horse46
  • Like 1

608KEB

Do not over tighten the screws. It will Crack the lens for sure. Just make barely snug

• Like 3

Horse46

I've done that, and I put some rubber washers on to, just to hopefully reduce the vibration. I was thinking that maybe a thin line of sealant would also help to cusion the vibes.

• Like 2

953 nut
On 9/24/2015 at 4:14 AM, Horse46 said:

I had the tractor running the other day, all appears to be fine, however, when I engaged the PTO it wants to cut out. Never did b4 refresh, I haven't taken anything off apart from pulling the connection under the dash, which I cleaned before putting back together. 
What else could be causing this?

Seat switch, that is what it is designed to do.

• Like 1

Horse46

I ordered some decals from Meadowfield on here :handgestures-thumbupleft:IMG_5474.thumb.jpg.4156dfd93da88f9c4060cIMG_5477.thumb.jpg.204044b19862d132f2644IMG_5480.thumb.jpg.e06f7b6333e6fb3b346c4IMG_5484.thumb.JPG.a04cdceef71a123f6b3c3IMG_5485.thumb.jpg.f36ddf42da65247a67cc2, I think they look fantastic.

• Like 5

meadowfield

Looks the mutts nuts, glad you like...

you need to bring it to the uk meet

• Like 1

Horse46

Cheers Mark I am very pleased with the finished result. I thought it looked nice with just the new paint, but the decals make it look factory new!

I would bring it to the show, but I don't own a trailer or even a vehicle with a tow bar. I've been lucky, the first one I got from next door, and the second one was 4 miles away and the chap delivered it.

Oh and the second one has now gone to a new owner, heading for Croatia.

I couldn't see me refreshing another one of the same series so I let it go.

I did keep the 10hp engine though as you never know when it may be needed. (Never say Never)

doc724

Very nice restoration.  The 1X1 series is my favorite.

• Like 2

Horse46
6 hours ago, doc724 said:

Very nice restoration.  The 1X1 series is my favorite.

Not really a resto more a refresh, I didn't touch the chassis it was good to go. Thanks though the appreciation feels good.

Horse46

image.jpegimage.jpegI never did put any pics up of her out in the daylight, here she is looking fine :D

• Like 4