whfan74

6th Annual North Central Indiana Meet & Greet

whfan74

Attention all of you Horse-aholics!

6th Annual North Central Indiana Meet & Greet is October 3rd!!!

I look forward to hosting this event every year.  I greatly appreciate the support that many of you have shown in the past.  All of you make this a very special event and I can't wait to see all of you again in a couple of months!

Remember that we hold one of the best raffles around with 100% of the proceeds sent to St. Baldrick's Foundation in memory of the late Max Nunn!  P.s. His tractor will be on display again this year!  Thanks to Paul and Sharon Iossi.  I need your help once again.......prizes are needed for the raffle.  You all have been soooo supportive in the past and I hope you would be willing to chip in again.

With the wet summer, I don't know if the beans will be off the field for us to plow.  I am keeping my fingers crossed as always so we can turn some soil.  I will definitely keep you posted.

Food will be available for purchase again from our friends, the Millers.  If you have been here before you know the pie is amazing!

I will be working on new t-shirt designs in the near future.  Please hold your orders until I am all squared away with this.  I will set up a seperate post once I have my ducks in a row.

I am hoping that will be the first year that we break in to the 200+ tractor mark.  I hope you are ready to bring a nice load to show.

We will once again have a swap meet area.  Again we will start a separate thread on what people are bringing and/or looking for.

I do have a few costs I incur from putting on a show of this size.  I will have a donation box out for those that feel compelled to chip in a few bucks.  All of the help we receive is greatly appreciated!

So this is just a kickoff.....mark October 3rd on your calendars.  The show wouldn't be the same without you!

• Like 6

KC9KAS

We already have room reservations for the weekend...Can't wait.
Should be able to bring 4 or 5 or 6 GT's!

• Like 1

AMC RULES
Humm...eleven hours, 19 minutes due west...
with just only, Pennsylvania in the way.  :blink:
        :eusa-think:     200 tractors huh?  
  :scratchead:
  • Like 4

whfan74

Set-up can begin at noon on Friday the 2nd.

Craig, where else can you have this much fun besides Arendtsville?  Would love for you to load up a crew and head on out!

• Like 2

wallfish

I have an XL T-Shirt from 2014 Big Show in a sealed bag I'd like to donate for the raffle.
Please PM your address and I'll send it out

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 2

whfan74

Wow!  Thank you John!

Sending a pm to you!

Evil Twin

I'm just getting started in WH collecting. I've owned my 857 for over 20 years but just acquired a couple more tractors. I would like to know more information about the show. Sounds like a good time. 
JD
Elkhart, IN

whfan74

JD we have an amazing time each year.  You are not too far away and I can promise it will be worth the trip.  Many great folks and a good variety of machines to drool over.  I hope you will be able to join us.

To get a little glimpse of shows from the past few years, check out these threads found here:
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/forum/126-north-central-indiana-meet-greet-warsaw-in-scotts-mg/

image.jpg.fc3041b1f21ba0f9213bc60e160ea4image.jpg.13f8aa1e000f96e173a7a9ee5ddf52image.jpg.82e4cf33db4b8e2a5d5bf5c51b652aimage.jpg.6bfd6670a39e2b0e6d76b78b558eb0I have been trying to plan early for the annual meet and greet by getting out in the shop and getting things organized.  Having this get together helps me stay on my toes so that the machines can be moved out easily.  I like having a clean shop, and would like it even cleaner, but this will have to do for the time being.  Here is a little glimpse.

• Like 1

whfan74

Things have been fairly quiet with all of you lately...........you guys are making me nervous!!!!!  :eusa-think:

Hope you are gearing up to make the trip on October 3rd!  Really looking forward to seeing so many of you again!

squonk

If I was able to go, I'd be rasin hell on here:)

Craig ,you can go for the "Long Hauler" award. :blink: :blink: Don't forget to stop by on the way back!  :greetings-waveyellow:

• Like 1

Evil Twin

I'm planning on coming down. This will be my first show.......period. I've never been to any WH show before let alone yours, so I am really looking forward to it. Not sure what to bring. And by the way, your shop looks outstanding. What a great toy box! 

Edited by Evil Twin

whfan74

Thank you!  I am glad you are planning on making the trip.  We always have a fantastic time with a great group of people in attendance.  You are free to bring whatever machine(s) you would like.  They don't have to be restored.....we welcome any condition and any brand.  The more the merrier!

FYI for everyone...............talked to the local farmer yesterday and we may just have a field to plow in across the street.  The beans are progressing nicely and he is thinking if all goes as planned that they will be off by the time of the show.  More plow time!!!!!!!

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I'm going to make it Scott.  For the last 5 years, the 1st Saturday in October is when I break out the Carhartts...I always love that first taste of fall.  :)

• Like 2

whfan74

It wouldn't be the same with out you Steve!  I have reserved another beautiful day for you in Northern Indiana!  :)

Keep spreading the word.....I am counting down the days!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Thanks Scott...I'll see if I can come up with some thing for the raffle again.  :)

• Like 1

Terry M

Scott, your show is always looking like a good time ...someday  I'll have to make it there:)

• Like 1

whfan74

Thanks Terry!

We would love to have you.  It seems pretty quiet lately........I am keeping my hopes up that we have another great turnout.  I am just hoping that so many folks know the location and the date.  Whatever happens, I can guarantee we will have a nice time with friends!

alswagg

My tractors are hardly show quality but they are workers.  Without the fleet of Wheel horse D's or cabin in michigan would still be brush covered forest.   I will try to load them up though.  

• Like 1

whfan74

They don't have to be show quality, and they don't have to be red.  We don't discriminate against any of the old machinery.  The more to look at the better.  It is nice to sit back and appreciate the design of each of these machines and hear some of the stories that go along with them.

• Like 1

glgrumpy

Don't have to be Red?  That's good, cause our horses are purple and Pink now. The Wife now has "Sparkling" Gramma horse, the black hood, now sparkly hood type.  Might have to bring a Speedex too, THAT is red!

• Like 1

whfan74

Bring any and all.........color or manufacturer doesn't matter to us.  The more the merrier!!!!!

We are officially 1 month away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :greetings-clappingyellow::handgestures-thumbupright::banana-dreads:

Edited by whfan74

Pullstart

Duke in SW Michigan turned me on to this, the family just might be coming down, if plans all come together.  I'm sure it'll be an awesome time, but I don't have a hitch to pull my 1 bottom plow.  Anyone willing to borrow me one?  I've got a slot hitch myself, but my hitch pin surprisingly slides in and out real nice.  Would love to help pull up some dirt with "put put"

whfan74

I am sure someone might have something to get you squared away the day of the show.  But hopefully someone will chime in and get you squared away before the big day.  Should be another fun time again this year!

Michaelzz28

I will Be coming to the show!
Will have a few Horses with me to sell
I need to thin the herd out a little!

Here is what I am bringing First one is a 518 restored early this year!
Second one is a 520 with a fresh restore
Putting the mower deck together today!

100_2414.JPG

100_2415.JPG

100_2416.JPG

100_2417.JPG

100_2418.JPG

100_2419.JPG

• Like 1

Michaelzz28

Hi Scott we will be there we plan on camping there if that is ok