elcamino/wheelhorse

separate rear hitch lift

Sarge

If you want to go to electric , there are electric/hydraulic systems like the ones used for lifting snow plow blades on pickups - only much smaller . I had found one years ago that was a small system for an atv , but the link is dead now so I'll have to do some searching .

I've considered on the older tractors that used hydraulics of separating the two lift arms in the dash tower with a sleeve and using a second cylinder on the right side foot peg and a D series 2 sided spool valve . Independent control of front and rear implements would make the tractor a lot more useful . Got a D-180 now , so sky's the limit for that very thing and with it's weight I'm sure I'll be building heavier implements next year ...lol .

For a heavy spring dampener - look at the 6-1142 D series 56" blade's lift link with spring....

Sarge

elcamino/wheelhorse

@T-Mo I tried to get some photo's but the camera acted up and everything was too  dark. I will try again tomorrow I need to figure out away to get light in area. I will also look on the computer to see if I have anything.

• Like 1

T-Mo

@elcamino/wheelhorse, thanks, Jim.  I appreciate it.

DennisThornton
11 hours ago, Sarge said:

If you want to go to electric , there are electric/hydraulic systems like the ones used for lifting snow plow blades on pickups - only much smaller . I had found one years ago that was a small system for an atv , but the link is dead now so I'll have to do some searching .

I've considered on the older tractors that used hydraulics of separating the two lift arms in the dash tower with a sleeve and using a second cylinder on the right side foot peg and a D series 2 sided spool valve . Independent control of front and rear implements would make the tractor a lot more useful . Got a D-180 now , so sky's the limit for that very thing and with it's weight I'm sure I'll be building heavier implements next year ...lol .

For a heavy spring dampener - look at the 6-1142 D series 56" blade's lift link with spring....

Sarge

I Googled a bit but still haven't seen any pics.  You know of any links?

mmmmmdonuts

elcamino/wheelhorse

@T-Mo  I took pictures today I hope they make sense. The actuator is attached inside the seat tower bracket. If I remember correctly I used a 6 inch actuator which actually measures close to 12 inches in length due to the motor and the holder for the actuator rod. A six inch actuator on a 300 or 400 series is too long.  Since I don't know which tractor you are planning on working on , it is hard to give much advice  . I took pictures from the hole in the seat pan , both sides of the rear tires and from behind. I hope this helps.

100_6067.JPG

100_6068.JPG

100_6069.JPG

100_6070.JPG

100_6071.JPG

100_6072.JPG

100_6073.JPG

100_6074.JPG

• Like 2

Sarge

The style I had in mind I can't find right now - it's on the other "dead" computer....grrr.

Basically - same thing as this thing but actually stronger with built in limit switches , ect - http://hydraulicspneumatics.com/200/TechZone/Cylinders/Article/False/70632/TechZone-Cylinders

I had given a lot of thought about beefing up the right side of an older tractor's dash tower ('74 C-160) , sleeve and separate the rockshaft and add a second cylinder to the right side for independent control . It would be a lot of work and I'm not certain there is enough room to stiffen everything enough to handle the loads ...

Your approach should work fine . Have you considered using a small hydraulic pump off the engine and a cylinder ?

Sarge

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Sarge I thought about a hydraulic pump and all that would entail and said not way. My brain does not work smart enough to figure all that out. Due to a back injury I am on 2 different pain pills which  make concentrating very hard to do.

Sarge

I hear that,  wish I could get back down to 2/day...instead of 10.

I'm still tempted to grab a solid 8spd tractor,  install a heavy alternator and run electric/hydraulic system off a Meyers plow...

Sarge

mmmmmdonuts

9 hours ago, Sarge said:

I'm still tempted to grab a solid 8spd tractor,  install a heavy alternator and run electric/hydraulic system off a Meyers plow...

Easy enough to do or at least get you started...

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Sarge I wish I only took 2 pain pills a day also. One pain killer 2 pills 4 times a day. The other pain killer 3 pills 3 times a day. So I take 17 pain pills per day and all the other pills the VA says I need. Soon I will not need to eat food, I will be on the pill diet. The medicine cabinet is not big enough to hold all the bottles , tubes and boxes that I use on a daily basis.  I have on shelf in a kitchen cabinet just for my meds. Getting old is a pain.

Sarge

I hear that , I'm slowly turning into my father - who took something like 26 pills a day and endured his doctor complaining he didn't eat enough meals....

The VA needs another route instead of pushing pills - how about for once they try to fix a problem...?  Every time I go see my local Doc , same story - we can't fix that . Getting pretty tired of hearing that one .

Funny, I never seem to get away with that excuse - people seem to know better .

So , back to red heavy stuff - how is that hitch working out over time ??

Sarge

elcamino/wheelhorse

The hitch works find have not had any problems with it. With a little practice have able to raise and lower the hitch depending on the terrain and what I have attached while moving. I attached a rather large limb directly to the hitch with a chained dragged to the back of the property and off loaded with no problem.   

Sarge

Glad it worked out , only time will tell how well the linear actuator will stand abuse....keep us informed .

Sarge

R. L. Addison

In '90 or'91 I put a Hyd. cyl. for independent rear lift on my "C"141 hydro and love it. Had to Have valve with "float" position

or it would not have worked. It will lift the rear wheels off the ground if not in float position, and works well with garden plow,

tiller, homemade rear snow blade and anything else I've put on it. I did plow a garden without removing mower deck, but I

do not recommend it.

I took pictures of the setup and some things to sell etc. but don't know how to put them into places like this!

dunngawn@hotmail.com       Pekin, Il. 61554

elcamino/wheelhorse

R. L. Items for sale you can post in the classifieds with pictures and you can post the pictures of the C 141 on this thread if you want. 

c-series don

I would really like to see that set up if you can post pictures. I've often thought about doing that separate cylinder for other things too like a dump trailer or lifting a tandem disc harrow?

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Goldnboyhere is the thread on how I attached an actuator to the 310-8 rear hitch. I removed the actuator an hitch when the 310-8 became the leaf eater.

• Thanks 1

kpinnc
On 11/30/2016 at 5:13 PM, c-series don said:

would really like to see that set up

I added a D series spool valve and second cylinder on the Bronco. Works well, but it's ALOT of hoses to contend with. 

IMG_20220122_211712683.jpg

IMG_20220122_211355541.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1