Sign in to follow this  
Akestner

New belt

Akestner

So I have a 416-8 I'm thinking it's an 89 because it has an onan but still has all wheelhorse decals it's missing the serial numbers on the fender. when I bought my tractor I noticed that the clutch is really jerky immediately when I let off the pedal it takes off today I mowed my yard with it probably about 30 - 45 min by the time I was almost done I could press the clutch all the way in and it wouldn't completely stop the tractor and it made a bunch of noise in the process the po said they put a new drive belt which is one of those blue belts so I'm pretty sure that's the problem I just need a part number for a new one I'm thinking once the tractor heats up and the belt rides the pulleys it streches and at that point it won't go into gear unless I force it and I don't want to keep doing that Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boovuc

The belt is too short that the PM put on it.
Use Toro/Wheelhorse belts if at all possible. NAPA has a belt but it is a hair short also and can lend to some jerky motion. The Toro belt should be #108501. Guys.correct me if I'm wrong!

• Like 1

Akestner

Thanks ! A lot I plan to use a toro belt I just want to use the right one Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can whlvr

are you sure its not a 7473,parts tree lists 2,a 7473 which is for 8 speed and a 93-9809 which I think is for a hydro,but I could be wrong

boovuc

Thanks Garry. It's been a while since I had to buy a Toro drive belt. I bought a NAPA green belt for the 416-8 last year but it's a half inch too short. It lets you know it too if you drop the clutch too fast! (83 inch belt).
Go with what Garry states above. He knows these Service Bulletins better than anyone on here!