CRE1992

New Project... Economy Tractor

CRE1992

Hey fellas its been awhile. I had to get back in the garden tractor game. However since I moved to NC its hard to find anything at what I would consider a good deal or a good price. From what I can tell people either hold on to them, value them like they are gold or just scrap them. Well I was checking craigslist and I came acrossed this beauty. It is a Economy tractor, it has hydraulics, and came with a front dozer blade, and a turn over plow. However the connecting rod broke, so I am going to have to do something about this engine, either rebuild or repower.

20150725_125649[1].jpg

20150726_081721[1].jpg

• Like 4

Rob R

Beautiful machine, rebuild the engine or re-power and you will really have something there.......

DennisThornton

Hey fellas its been awhile. I had to get back in the garden tractor game. However since I moved to NC its hard to find anything at what I would consider a good deal or a good price. From what I can tell people either hold on to them, value them like they are gold or just scrap them. Well I was checking craigslist and I came acrossed this beauty. It is a Economy tractor, it has hydraulics, and came with a front dozer blade, and a turn over plow. However the connecting rod broke, so I am going to have to do something about this engine, either rebuild or repower.

20150725_125649[1].jpg

20150726_081721[1].jpg

Nice tractor!
If that block is good I would definitely rebuild the engine!

Dennis Thornton

stevebo

Flip! That is one good looking Economy. Rare tractor being a 2414. Different rear end and taller front spindles. Great find and welcome back.

Edited by stevebo

DennisThornton

Flip! That is one good looking Economy. Rare tractor being a 2414. Different rear end and taller front spindles. Great find and welcome back.

I thought the larger diameter rear tires/wheels were the only difference in the rear.  Then the taller front spindles to keep her level, of course.

Dennis Thornton

stevebo

I thought the larger diameter rear tires/wheels were the only difference in the rear.  Then the taller front spindles to keep her level, of course.

Dennis Thornton

Dennis-
The rear end has 5 lug bolt pattern instead of the 6. I had a guy travel about 5 hours each way to buy one as it was pretty hard piece to find. If you look at the rear wheels they are also a 2 piece wheel vs the one on the 6 lug tractors. 

Edited by stevebo

fireman

Hey good to see your back in the game! I envy you being down in NC! 
Welcome back!

DennisThornton

Dennis Thornton

Dennis-
The rear end has 5 lug bolt pattern instead of the 6. I had a guy travel about 5 hours each way to buy one as it was pretty hard piece to find. If you look at the rear wheels they are also a 2 piece wheel vs the one on the 6 lug tractors. 

I had no idea!  For years I just thought it was the rear wheels and front spindles!  So the basic rear end, differential and bull gears are the same?  Just the hubs are different?

squonk

What's nice about the 24" inchers  is that  Farmall Cub Wheels are the same. My PK wheels were rotted from calcium, Got these about 40 miles down the road from a Cubbie guy! :) Already had the Farmall A rear weights.

elvis_piles_001.thumb.JPG.b14c5d8bd22662

• Like 2

Ken B

Real nice one Flip. When I was down in North Carolina a while back visiting my brother I had trouble "locatin" any good garden tractors. The good one's must be in short supply or well hidden. All I saw were Walmart specials...

Don1977

North Carolina used to be farm country and a lot of it still is. Large farm tractors are easier to find. They seem to think those 10 year old Walmart Specials are worth $400 to $500.