cdsl810

Clevis hitch question

cdsl810

On a 520-H, do the front attachments (snowthrower, blade) and clevis hitch lift at the same time? I want to have a snowthrower on the front and a back blade on the clevis hitch. Or is it a situation of "one, or the other, not both" when engaging the lift?

bmsgaffer

Yep. The rear hitch just uses a cable hooked to the same rockshaft that lifts the front implements.

I've been trying to design a way to put a separate hydraulic cylinder on the rear, but havent done it yet.

shallowwatersailor

Johnny Bucket makes an electric actuator sleeve hitch that works independent of the rockshaft. I'm not sure if it could be adapted to a classic Wheel Horse due to the rear chassis configuration, but I did put one on my 523Dxi. I use my single stage snowthrower on this tractor and a scraper blade for up by garage doors. My 520xi has the blade with a UHMW edge. At some point my intention is to wire this tractor and get the frame portion from JB so that I can use this tractor as well with the sleeve hitch.

You might want to consider this for your new 522xi.
DSCN2892.thumb.JPG.8a4e00c2f369fcb9e04ff DSCN2925.thumb.JPG.83941c391534af4c9901e

• Like 3

cdsl810

shallowwatersailor...

That hitch is really nice. I think you have changed my thinking by showing me this possibility. I did find a WH clone clevis hitch on eBay that is well-built. But... the Johnny Bucket electric version looks to be just as robust, with the added bonus of independent operation. The only drawback is that the JB is twice the cost (but looks like twice the fun). The JB will be installed on the 522xi, and the 520-H will be in charge of other duties.

Edited by cdsl810