TheMooseIsLoose

Tire Question

TheMooseIsLoose

I  have a 520H with a 36" snowblower and new some new tires on the front, my current tires are lawn tires 16-750-8 and they slide when turning in snow and  need better traction. Besides adding a chain or chains to the front tires i am looking for either tri ribs or Carlise snow hog tires. Which would be better.
Thanks for any input you guys can give me.

slammer302

I have had good luck with tri ribs never seen or tried the snow hog tires.

shallowwatersailor

The 16x7.50-8 is an odd size for options. The 16x7.50-8 is also used on the 5xi. They measure 16.5" tall depending on tire maker, but two of my 5xi have Titans in this size that are 16.5". The other has Kenda turfs in the 16x7.50-8 size but are close to 18" tall.

Some 16x6.50-8 tires are close at 16.4"-16.5".  I am considering the Kenda Terra Trac K502 for the front and rear if I stay with the stock size rims for one of my 5xi. They are less expensive than the Carlisle All Trail.

Simplicity used to install the K502 front and rear on the 4wd Prestige but now it shows just a turf tire.

TheMooseIsLoose

I like the tri ribs for it's turning and steering capibilities but don't know anyone that carries them. The Kendra tires are aggressive and cheap also. I have to find a price for tri ribs before i decied

RedRanger
Vredestein V61' are the way to go from everything I've read.

Multi ribbed for your pleasure and heavy duty ply.  With a blower on the front, you'll want a heavy duty tire.  A light weight cheapo is not what you want here.

bmsgaffer
:text-yeahthat:  I would not put a 2 ply tire on the front of a blower tractor.
  • Like 1

ScottCT

I have the snow hogs on the front of my c121 that I bought for it about 15 years ago. I used this setup with a blower up until last winter and have been very happy with it. They might benefit from some front wheel weights but generally bit the ground quite well. I also have Kenda ribs on the front of my 310-8 that I use with a plow. They work ok in the snow and I do have front wheel weights on that but they aren't nearly as good as the snow hogs.

TheMooseIsLoose

I checked out the Firestone Tri Ribs for $70.00 a peace which are expensive and went to a Firestone dealer which are special order any it was just a hassle, so I decided on the Vredestein V61's: which are cheaper. Thanks for all your help.