13 hours ago, JPWH said:

Oldest grandson likes it too!

:text-coolphotos:   His legs are long enough to reach the clutch; you better get started on the next one, he is going to claim it as his own.  :ychain:

• Like 3

To add to that Richard his little brother asked me where I got all the parts to build it and do I have enough parts to build another one!

• Like 3

Well, why not then???  :roll:

:wh: ain't gonna make no more. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JPWH said:

enough parts to build another

Jay, if you have a shortage of parts for grandson #2 to have his own I think you will be able to find them in about five weeks!  :woohoo:

• Like 2

Great job on the tractor . I too like the black paint ,sets it apart from the others . Really enjoyed this tread . :text-bravo:

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:06 PM, JPWH said:

Thanks guys. Glenn I hope to meet you one day as well. Maybe the big show. I could not have done it without the help of RS .I don't mind the opportunities they are learning tools. I was able to reuse the carb, fuel pump, voltage regulator and the starter generator. I did use a solenoid i had along with a heavy duty new switch. All the wiring is new. I just discovered i have a leak at the input shaft so i will have to locate a machine shop or a new shaft. As requested  here is a few more pictures. 

IMG_20160515_184042316.jpgIMG_20160515_183900829.jpgIMG_20160515_183818590.jpgIMG_20160515_183624571.jpg

IMG_20160515_183743143.jpg

looking awesome keep up the good work!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Horse Newbie said:

What is plastic welding ?

Basically melting two Plastics together using a controlled amount of heat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man, that is a great restoration.  I just hope to get my horse up and running. And keep it that way. Sure did enjoy reading the thread and watching the progress. You've got something to be proud of there !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 7:43 PM, JPWH said:

I finally made a little more progress. I got the back wheels and tires broke down. Blasted the back wheels and painted front and rear wheels. Cleaned the tires to prep for tire paint. Also put final coat of primer (I hope) on the hood. Steering wheel painted and ready to install. Poor 15 came in so I can treat the gas tank and paint it. 

KIMG0207.thumb.jpg.6c4285f8cdb0b9454b17e

KIMG0208.thumb.jpg.40127a098b6922a45510eKIMG0209.thumb.jpg.22edaaf32188044396a87

So much help a library of restoration pictures does for a fellow, my 604 Chassis has one tie rod on top and one on bottom of the steering arms, I figure I'll move one down to the bottom.

Thanks Jay!

Edited by pullstart
model correction
  • Like 1