Sign in to follow this  
jusjeepn

a little fab work for winter fun

jusjeepn

Been out of town for awhile and not had time to tend the horses. I finally got started on the dozer blade extension fro the 520H.

006-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

Got this far and decided the bracket's were going to be to weak for the blade I'm building (60"). So after 2 hours of bending cutting and grinding, I scrapped this idea. Here is what I came up with instead

003-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

This only took about 45 min. to fab up and weld together!

008-4.jpg

009-4.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-3.jpg

After spending half the day on this and having a boat load of material left, I decided to fab up a little double wide action for the 69 Electro 12. The fab juices were flowin as well as the coffee and this is what I came up with!

001-4.jpg

Dual turf tires with chains and a 42" dozer blade?... I just may have to make 2 60" dozer blades

BairleaFarm

looks good. pretty neat how you moved the p/u point back

dgjks6

That looks great. I wish I could weld. It looks almost like the factory set up I just traded for a rear mounting bracket. One question though, how did you get it past the bar that the original plow mounted with? That bar is welded on my plow. Does the bar come out or did you take it out?

I have never seen one for sale on ebay. Bet you could make some extra $ by fabbing a few more.

Greg

jtmoyer

I have never seen one for sale on ebay. Bet you could make some extra $ by fabbing a few more.

i would buy a set, although i am thinking about mounting the plow on my fel.

jason

Rollerman

THe plow extension & the dual wheel kit both look top notch. :hide:

Make sure to add pics when you build a 60" snowblade.

I have a 56" snowblade on my 520H now ready for plowing duty "thaks Greg" & can tell you thats awkward one to park.

how did you get it past the bar that the original plow mounted with? That bar is welded on my plow. Does the bar come out or did you take it out?

Greg the older plow frames had a removeable pin...your's is a later style & is welded.

htopjimmy26

Yeah, I was going to also mention that my plow was also welded and I'm forced to either use the factory design extesion or grind the weld off and try to get the shaft out, or pony up big$ for the toro part :hide: .

Stigian

Nice fabrication work Pat :hide:

keep them photo's coming :D

jusjeepn

Thanks guys!!!! :hide: I will probably go ahead and finish the other brackets and post them for sale! they should be sufficient for a 42" blade, just not enough for a 60". I started the 60" today and started a new thread!