oe espo

1993 520H new Molex Connector pin location needed

oe espo

I bought a 520H with cut up wire harness. i bought the replacement fuse block and molex 5 pin connector. there is no molex on it now they are just solderd together to make it run with several bypassed saftey circuits.
-Which side gets which connector regarding the chassis and motor. i want it right so i can swap another motor if needed someday.  i don't have on for a sample.
-anyone have a pin location drawing? for each connector?

thanks!

WHX??

Check the manuals files for a wiring diagram if you can't find one see GWEST_CA the files moderator he may be able to find one.

gwest_ca

Here is the wiring diagrams
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/2072-tractor-1993-520-h-520-he-wiring-detailed-492-4509pdf/

I don't ever recall seeing the wire locations for the Molex connector. Are there numbers on the connector for each location? If there are maybe someone can list the colors for each location.

I often thought I would eliminate that connector and put an end the problems they have if I ever had one. Suspect every one of those wires can be disconnected from the engine if it ever had to come out. That connector just made it convenient for the Onan harness to mate to the tractor harness on the assembly line.

Garry

rmaynard

Contact Bruce Cable @Cable. He should be able to help you.

Edited by rmaynard

oe espo

I had a wiring diagram from the manual but it didnt show pin position for each wire. Ill check attached link. An actual sample would be good Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oe espo

How do i get ahold of bruce? Is he on this forum? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmaynard

Yes, he is on the forum. Not as frequent as some, but he does check in. Just PM him. Click here @Cable and send him a message.

Edited by rmaynard

Cable

I can't comment on Molex since I haven't used them for years.  The AMP (now Tyco) connector shells do have numbers, but very small. AMP is what was put on by Wheel Horse at the factory.  The pins are identified in below photos.  Consider using gold pins in positions 7 and 9, regulator and battery respectively. Crimped connections need to be tight and only on clean bright wire.  If you can pull them apart they were not crimped tight enough.  If conductors are not bright copper colored clean them up until they are, especially on pins 7 and 9. .  If there is any doubt consider soldering in addition to crimping.
Tractor_Side_Connector_Annotated_NumbersSchematic_9-pin_Numbered.thumb.jpg.7a8a2Engine_Side_Connector_Annotated_Numbers.

Edited by Cable
  • Like 3

Jrblanke

Great post Bruce! the above pictures are very helpful!