gwest_ca

1987 Ag Tractor kit

gwest_ca

Anyone know what model of tractor this kit was designed for?
10" front wheels and 15" rear on a 300, 400 or 500-Series tractor?
Looked up a few of the parts to see where they originated and posted the results.
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/2189-tiller-36in-1987-tilling-kit-82823-tiplpdf/

Garry

• Like 1

953 nut
Sounds like creative marketing of left over "D" parts, wonder how many were sold? Hope we get some pictures. 

Dennys502
The hub is for an 1 1/8 shaft so the kit would be for any tractor that had the 1 1/8 rear axle I would think. I wouldn't think the 500 series would need the heavy duty front wheel bearings. This kit was after Toro took over and they only had 300 and 400 series available for 1987 so I would think that is what they were targeting - hard to say though.

shallowwatersailor

I think that it may have been for the European Market. Using the different nomenclature (sandpaper and pin-cotter) is a clue. The footrests could be a different design/angle so that the seat pan could be raised to compensate for the 15" wheels. More Europeans have small gardens than here in the USA. BCS and Grillo still command the two-wheel tractor market there.

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 1

Don1977

The shorter foot rest were for the 27" tires.  Has  D type 6 lug hubs. Needs at least a 2" spacer to raise the seat pan to clear the tires. I put 25" diameter tires on a 312- 8
and just cleared the foot rest by bending the out side forward. I raised the seat pan, bracket and gas tank 1 3/4". I'll add some pictures later Photobucket is not working right now.

SAM_0458.jpg

SAM_0453.jpg

SAM_0455.jpg

Edited by Don1977
Add pictures
  • Like 2

Don1977
Here are a couple of more pictures. Planing to do a little yard work this fall.   A pulverizer I built to plant grass.

SAM_0514.jpg

SAM_0515.jpg Edited by Don1977
  • Like 3