pc1959

Hi from East Sussex

pc1959

Hello
I have just collected my latest eBay bargain, a 70's Wheelhorse tractor which is badged as a Commando 800 and the ID plate says its a Model 1-0141 Serial No 145691 made in Amnor Belgium,
I just looked up the model number 1-0141 and that corresponds to a 1975 B80.
Was the B80 sold as the more macho sounding Commando 800 in the UK?

Good bits:

• It's all there
  • Kohler engine spins on the electric start
  • Tin work has no holes

Bad bits
  • Rotten tyres
  • No spark (yet)
  • Can't get it into 1st or reverse but 2 and 3 select easily, any ideas about how major this is?

I'm going to concentrate on getting it running and then the tarting up can start.

lhs.jpg

rhs.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES
Tart it up good.  :text-woo:
:WRS:   Edited by AMC RULES

pc1959

Thanks for those files, this whole site is a mine of info.

Paul

devonionredneck

Welcome, if there's no spark its probelly dirty points.  Kohler's are prone to it when sat for a while, points are located in a little plastic box, on the front of the engine below the carb, don't do what I did and assume they are under the flywheel. Lot of hassle for nothing that was! ;) 

• Like 1

953 nut
:WRS:      You have a rather straight complete project there, Tire and a seat cover and you could drive it as a survivor, but my guess is you will be doing a restoration.
:text-coolphotos:

meadowfield

hey, welcome to the group!

Most B-80's were badged as 800's. There's nothing in the spec - basically if it's 8hp 3 speed from 1968-1976(ish) it got badged as B-80, Commando 800 or Commando 8

mark

pc1959
:WRS:

You have a rather straight complete project there, Tire and a seat cover and you could drive it as a survivor, but my guess is you will be doing a restoration.
:text-coolphotos:

The plan (as far as there is one) is:

• Get the motor running
  • Drive it about for a bit to see if 1st and reverse gear miraculously reappear

If I need to take the transmission apart to get the gears back then I suppose the surface rust on the bits under the seat would have to go but I do like the 'patina', I do want a vertical exhaust stack though

I had the starter solenoid apart today to investage the lack of clicking when energised, it was seized solid, I could have freed it off but I snapped a bit off the case dismantling it. It may live again.

I think that this is going to be typical of the work that needs doing, cleaning up all the electrical contacts and remaking the butchered wiring loom..
Thanks devonionredneck for the tip abut the points.

I'll try to take more pictures at the weekend.

Horse46

Hello :D

Got your work cut out there me thinks? I'm surprised to see the light delete panel still in place, an it appears to be in good shape.

Love pictures of progress on here, keep them coming.