AdAr

Hand-me-down Wheelhorse.

AdAr

My stepdads's lawnmower had one of the spindles that hold the blades break completely out of the deck. I told him not to trash it that I would take it.

I welded the spindle back into the deck and used it all last year with no problems.  This year however after a few times mowing it would not start. I checked all the basic things and cleaned the fuel filter and nothing. The engine turns over but there is no combustion.

I eventually tried pumping compressed air into the fuel tank and it started. Thats the only way it will start. So I am assuming it could be the fuel pump? My stepdad says blocked fuel lines. It's the 310-8 the serial numbers are:

model: 3110K802
serial: 1030422

the deck is:
model: 1542RC02
serial:  2001207

I also need new blades but dont know what I need. Thanks for any help.

953 nut
:WRS:    Chances are the fuel pump is OK but can't get fuel. If you have not been using ethanol free gas you may have a bad fuel line. For the few bucks it will cost I would suggest replacing the fuel line and filter. Also, go to buyrealgas.com and put in your zip code, that will let you know where you can buy gas without ethanol. That stuff has ben a problem for a lot of us.

Hope this helps.
  • Like 1

JAinVA

953 has a good point.Fuel lines are inexpensive and fairly easy to replace.I did that on my c101 and still had fuel flow issues.I pulled the shutoff valve out of the tank and found rust particles from the valve were impeding flow.Just a thought.Luck,JAinVA

• Like 1

AdAr

So I put in new fuel lines. No change. At the start of the year I would prime the tank with compressed air once and mow the whole lawn, but as time has gone on it stalls more and more frequently. Now it wont go a few minutes without stalling. I can pull the choke and start it, but when I push the choke back in, it stalls. Anyone have a clue as to what I should look at next.

Digger 66

I can pull the choke and start it, but when I push the choke back in, it stalls.
Anyone have a clue as to what I should look at next.

Throttle shaft egged out ? 

egg_zpsdf3e5829.png

Edited by Digger 66

kudzu3

Check to see if the pump is pumping, if it is, give the carb a good cleaning.

• Like 1

AdAr

Got a fuel pump from amazon for 33 bucks and it's running again. No more pushmower!!

Now how do I decipher these deck numbers to figure out what blades I need.

model: 1542RC02
serial:  2001207.

WNYPCRepair

Tractor should be a 1991, blade part number should be 106108