Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

Transporting Tractors To The Show

CHARGER9AUTO

I know everyone in the WHCC hauls their tractors on landscape trailers every year to the show in PA . I have my Dad reserve a 16" Yellow PENSKE Gas box truck we load my Wheel Horse in first then put the milk crates filled with parts in next you know the drill how to pack up for a trip . :D Ben......

kj4kicks

I think I'll be borrowing a 24' enclosed car trailer from a friend of mine. We'll see how many Horses need a ride by then.

Plan "B" is a big car trailer.

Eldon.

CHARGER9AUTO

I think I'll be borrowing a 24' enclosed car trailer from a friend of mine. We'll see how many Horses need a ride by then.

Plan "B" is a big car trailer.

Eldon.

Eldon, that's probably the best bet is borrow in closed Car trailer and see how many Horses fit inside with room for attachments , parts vice versa. Ben

baerpath

Nothing better than loading clean tractors and unloading clean tractors when you get there. :D

Their always dirty for the ride home though (pullers):P

CHARGER9AUTO

Nothing better than loading clean tractors and unloading clean tractors when you get there. :D

Their always dirty for the ride home though (pullers):P

Duane, I sold you my D-160 Auto with no motor for $200 I 'd should kept the tractor no sense to cry over spilled milk I will look around for another one with 3 PT hitch and Hydro lift at the Wheel Horse show this year . Ben

oldandred

I know everyone in the WHCC hauls their tractors on landscape trailers every year to the show in PA . I have my Dad reserve a 16" Yellow PENSKE Gas box truck we load my Wheel Horse in first then put the milk crates filled with parts in next you know the drill how to pack up for a trip . :P Ben......

yea Ben Im one with a landscape trailor and yes when it rains they get wet well thats no big deal Now heres the real story I go to about fifteen shows all up and down the east coast if you take $450.00 times 15 =I belive thats $6750.00 now the trailor cost me less than 1200.00 well guess what its payed for so Ive been using it for seven years now how much do you think i would have payed for it a rental truck WOW 47250.00 now thats saving money dont you think.

the best part is after I get to a show I drop the trailor and have the chevywinabego to go were I want expt at the wheel horse show then its my motel.

yes the tractors do get wet yes people do see them all along the highway and yes its easy to load and i can get eight tracotr on it but only put six on.and no i dont have to take it back to a rental dealor when finnished heck its got its own little parking spot with cover just waiting for the next show.

But if I was to only go to one show a year well i would most likely rent one of them things you rent.

Ben did you say you were not coming to this years show ??? or did i hear that from some else my hearing is a little weak but any way good luck with you wheel horse tractors. :D

baerpath

Duane, I sold you my D-160 Auto with no motor for $200 I 'd should kept the tractor no sense to cry over spilled milk I will look around for another one with 3 PT hitch and Hydro lift at the Wheel Horse show this year . Ben

Yup Ben Put a motor on it and mowed almost all summer then the trans dropped a nut out of the pinion and put a new vent in the trans. Had to come back to Palmer to get a parts D to fix your old one. It's still going and mowing :D

CHARGER9AUTO

Yup Ben Put a motor on it and mowed almost all summer then the trans dropped a nut out of the pinion and put a new vent in the trans. Had to come back to Palmer to get a parts D to fix your old one. It's still going and mowing :D

Duane, I had another buyer for my D-160 with no motor David Walters from Bethany CT he was interested in the tractor . Ben

dieselhorse

I have my 97 GMC Suburban set up to haul my 654d inside the back. I need to finish up the tie down points. Not sure if we will make it this year due to us moving to Indiana, but we will be there in 09 or 10 for sure. Cheers Mike and Michele

WheelHorse_of_course

If I ever make it to a show I'll bring the 69 Charger 12 in the back of the Sienna Mini Van!

BPjunk

If I ever make it to a show I'll bring the 69 Charger 12 in the back of the Sienna Mini Van!

At the Wheel Horse Show there is a guy who comes every year from Raleigh, NC with a "rental" mini van, and in that van is always a tractor or two with tons of parts! :D:P

Bill in Richmond, Va.

Rollerman

I hope to make it this year too...try & hitch a ride for the Lever Steer or the 1045 also. :D