SpillerMiller

Gaskets, seal kits, and parts for C-160.

SpillerMiller

Gow are we all today? I need some help/advice on locating parts for my hydro-stat transmission. I ruined the right axle shaft and have decided to re-seal and re-gasket the whole rear end. Im not as concerned with the axle. I can probably find one locally or even build mine back up and machine ot back down. The biggest issue is finding seals and gaskets. This old girl leaked a little bit from everywhere so I just want to replace them all. Can anyone direct me to a website or store that would have or still makes complete seal kits for these rear ends? Especially gasket between the pump and the left hand case. Any and all help is appreciated. I want to get this old beauty back to running like new. I figure if I fix it right, she'll run for another 40+ years. Thank you and have a nice day Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

bmsgaffer

As far as I know, no one makes a "kit".

You can find a pinned post at the top of this forum that has links to original part numbers and conversions to other manufacturers. Otherwise you will have to download the IPL for the transmission and add up all the individual seals you need. You can get them from rcpw.com, partstree.com, local toro dealer, and a few other places.

Place a wanted ad here for the axle, I know they don't make them any more but there are some people that may tear down old trans-axles that will have a spare good axle for ya.

SpillerMiller

Thank you very much. I'll look into it Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

stevasaurus

Here is the IPL for your horse transmission.  It has Wheel Horse numbers in it.
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/3515-tractor-1975-c-160-auto-iplpdf/
You will have to buy some of the gaskets from TORO or make your own.  The cross reference thread pinned at the top of this section is really for manual transmissions, although some of the axle seals and maybe brake seal may cross.  You might be able to match the old ones up if you take them to NAPA or (my favorite) Motion Industries.  If you could, maybe we could do another PDF of what you find and add it to the cross over thread.  :)

You might also contact daveoman1966.  If he does not have a kit, he probably has the cross over numbers.  Send him a PM.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

doug mahon

I'm needing the same for my c160. .she is dropping oil pretty bad if I use the plow much..

pfrederi

What is leaking...the hydraulic lift cylinder??? Or back in the hydro pump/motor area

There were different cylinders used over the years. Repair fits (seals Orings) are violable for some  vendor here rebuilds the older welded style.

Picture???  Also tractor model number form the data plate

Edited by pfrederi

doug mahon

Back in the tranny..I replaced the cylinder with one from daveoman

pfrederi

OK  Tranny area.  Is it leaking from the hoses that feed the cylinder or from the axles, or the hydro pump input shaft

doug mahon

Looks like where the tranny splits..towards the front

Can you call me...484 637 3381 

pfrederi

pfrederi1 at hotmail dot com