kyle

wheelhorse 753

kyle

Hey I'm new to this forum.  I just inherited a 63 wheelhorse 753. I'm wondering what are some specs on it and what attachments can i put on.  I'm looking more for a plow and or mower deck.  Will other year mower decks fit or are there specific decks i need for the 753. 

20150705_090345.jpg

Edited by kyle
  • Like 6

slammer302

most gear driven decks will fit expect lawn ranger style decks
and there is a whole list of attachments to many to list you can do a search on the forum

Edited by slammer302

AMC RULES
Nice lookin' :wh: there Kyle.
  :WRS:

squonk

Here's a pic of the deck. PM me if interested
mower_002.thumb.JPG.02054b8bbe8360b8fb24

• Like 1

octfst

like slammer302 said most gear drive decks will work. The correct deck would be square rear discharge deck with removable side shields on both sides. this would be used from 1962-1964 most models. snow blade any short frame plow would fit. as far as other attachments go most slot hitch attachments will work if you have a slot hitch. if not the were a option and not hard to find. the had a tiller that uses that hitch but it has it's on motor, they had plow, disc, cultivator. that I can think of. hope this helps.

kyle

Thanks for the help guys.  I appreciate it.  I'm new to this.  

Edited by kyle

953 nut
:WRS:      Love to see a :wh: stay in the family, especially a real nice one.    :text-welcomeconfetti:
  • Like 1

squonk

RM-324  ( pictured) deck will work. This deck was on my 704. My Dad bought a 604 new in 64 with the same deck.

Edited by squonk

CasualObserver

To see the offered attachments for 1963 take a look through the 1963 sales brochure...

and for some more period history.... here's the link for the 1963 price list.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Welcome to Red Square :)  The breakdown of the numbers of the deck like Squonk is showing.  RM = Rear discharge Mower...324 = 32" deck made for the 1964 horses..the last number is the year of the deck..  Depending on the mowing you are looking to do, you may want a 36" deck.  Like RM-364.  Can you post some pictures from all sides of the horse.  You have the mid-mount attach-a-matic for the mower deck, but do you have the quick attachment that you would need for a snow blade??  It will mount on the transmission axle.  :)

• Like 1

kyle

On my trip up to the cabin today I checked the basement and found the original mower deck and a snow plow attachment.  Both in great condition.  Only problem is the mower deck is missing a couple brackets.  Now i need to search for that.  I also found a second set of back tires.  I'm wondering if it was a dually and how hard it is to make it one. 

Racinbob

Show us some pics and I'd bet somebody here has the brackets you need. Keep in mind that you aren't limited to 1963 attachments, parts, etc. 

kyle

Ok. I'm at work now but when i get home I'll take pictures of everything i got and what's on the tractor already.  Thanks again.  

kyle

Here are a few pics of what I found in the basement. 

20150713_220023.jpg

20150713_220100.jpg

octfst

That deck looks like it would work. but missing parts. but they didn't use that style till 1964. the snow blower looks like its for a vertical shaft tractor.

kyle

Ok so the snow blower is useless with the 753. Now i just gotta find the parts for the mower deck.  

octfst

Ok so the snow blower is useless with the 753. Now i just gotta find the parts for the mower deck.  

Yes. might be easier to find a parts deck. but yes there's no way that snow blower will work with your 753. they did make them for your tractor.

Pullstart
Nice lookin' :wh: there Kyle.

:WRS:

I'll second those statements, nice ride!  good luck with your search for the missing pieces, I love my round hood and I'm sure you will too

RED.ENGINE.GO

ARE you STILL looking FOR a FRONT blade?