devonionredneck

Hi from Devon

devonionredneck

Hi been reading posts on this forum for years now and thought it was about time I joined up, I run a couple of what I believe are 70s horses, which are very much in there working clothes, (pics to follow once I get home) ones a c120 8 speed with a sleeve hitch and mower deck, the others a norlett commander, which I bought in a sorry state, but it does run, its just missing every thing mower deck related, but is still used to haul firewood, both are vital on me and the girlfriends smallholding in devon 

Cheers Henry

AMC RULES
:WRS:

Horse46

Hi n welcome, you've already been here longer than me by the sounds of it.

neil

Welcome to Redsquare , in in the next county to you in Bridgwater Somerset.
looking forward to seeing the pics.

953 nut
:WRS:   One of the things I like best about this being an international site is the European makes that we are unfamiliar with and unusual equipment. When you do post pictures please include the Norlett Commander.
:text-welcomeconfetti:

devonionredneck

As promised some pics, will have to dig the norlett out tommorow to get some better ones she needs a service anyway, she tends to hibernate though the summer months, coming out in the autumn to haul wood.to any one who's interested, its a wheelhorse a90 special fitted with a Briggs 8hp dyna-start, and what I believe is a peerless 1400 3 speed gearbox, the c120s the main workhorse, as well as maintaining the lawn it tops the paddocks, weeds the allotment, pulls a homemade trailer and cultivator, just need a brinly plough, then I'd be golden! ;)

IMG_20150707_174220317.jpg

IMG_20150707_174229269.jpg

IMG_20150707_173821805_HDR.jpg

IMG_20150707_173809272.jpg

IMG_20150707_174902229.jpg

• Like 1

meadowfield

hey welcome Henry, nice collection...someone else with a Commander!  my dad has one too - I've a set of decals on a shelf if you ever decide on a restore...

devonionredneck

One day maybe, I have been tempted simply because they seem to be a bit on the rare side, but she's missing a lot of parts, some of which have proved difficult to source, I think the previous owner tried to make it into a racer, it was covered in stickers when I bought it, and the deck looks like it was cut off, the lift lever and rockshaft are gone, pto's gone, attach-matics gone. Someone really butched the poor girl really, but its a not a bad log hauler for 25 quid

meadowfield

they didn't have attach-a matics the deck mounting is the same as late 60's models. There's no rear hitch or mule drive either, there's probably some pics of my dads Norlett somewhere on here.

Lift lever and rockshaft are same as raider - pretty easy to come by. The PTO was the electric one...

JC 1965

Hello Henry and :WRS: 

C-101plowerpower

welcome henry, might want to look for a pto bell for the c120 too, makes using pto powered implements a bit saver and easier

devonionredneck

Pto bell is being repaired, wondered when someone would notice that, bearing failed that holds the stub, which connects the yoke, belt was placed up there out the way after I removed the bell ;) i dout shed drive to well like that, especially the grass I cut! :)