WHX??

Free Suburban

WHX??

When l first saw the tractor my heart sank cause that plate was gone Bob. Then Denny handed it to me in a ziplock cause he took it off for safe keeping...I think he was keeping under his pillow jus in case the WH fairy came.......smart man.
I would love to come to that show and chat Casual but my wife has other plans for me this weekend. ..worse part is I helped her make those plans and saurus even told me about it a month ago just never put it on the calendar ...heck I would go just to give him crappies about being a bears fan!!!! 

Good video Sqounk on that other post

• Like 2

stevasaurus

I would wear my Jay Cutler jersey if you were going to make it.  I have not been sacked yet in Penn, Maryland, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois and it looks like I will make it through Wisconsin. :)  I'm not worried about Minnesota later this August. :banana-linedance:

CasualObserver

I would love to come to that show and chat Casual but my wife has other plans for me this weekend. ..worse part is I helped her make those plans and saurus even told me about it a month ago just never put it on the calendar 

Bummer... well make sure you get it on the calendar for next year. The don't get much closer to your house!

WHX??

I'm thinkin Cutler has been sacked in those States Steva...I know he has been sacked in WI...more than once, I personally was there to see one of them! :teasing-poke:

Not out of the woods yet Jason but I may be able to finagle my way out of that honeydo.....

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Jim, you will not be sorry if you can shake away for a little while.  :)  We will be there Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning...till about noon.  :)

WHX??

After talkin to Shynon (Tom) and Jason this past weekend I have decided NOT to restore it but leave as is. Going to get the cloride out of the front tires and replace them. Very carefully powerwash as to not blast anymore paint off and get the motor running. Hopefully got some motor essentials coming from a guy in Idaho. Keep ya'll posted with plenty of pics!

Thanks for the tip on "oiling the horses"  Tom, will definitly do it to the deck. Keep in touch...if I should happen to die in a motorcycle crash come and get it, It's yours free, I feel maybe just a little bit guilty about rustling it across the border & It would look nice in your fine herd.....

• Like 2

rj35hunter

That is a harder to find early 60 belt guard...here is my early 400 with original K91, tractor serial number is 27297...hope this helps

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

WHX??

Nice tractor, same belt guard. wish this would have had the fenders/under seat box like yours.
Worked on the motor a little last night and lots of interesting rodent  stuff packed under the tins.... I am sure nobodys  seen this before!?!?!

Finally got a some engine parts coming from Jim Freshman out in Idaho.... Heck of a nice guy and knows alot about Clintons. Just make sure he takes his hearing aid OUT when you talk to him on the phone!!!

Going to have to do a complete tear down on the motor I'm afraid, but plan on reassembly with no paint to keep original.  Going to be tough promise to keep when I see it could be shiney new red! Going to start a new thread in mods for some how to help.

20150728_180112[1].jpg

• Like 2

rj35hunter

Clinton's are very simple engines.....I've rebuilt several and always turn out great! If you need any help just let me know! I also have the books with specs and torque stuff too.....

Clay

WHX??

Thanks Hunter, They do seem to be rather simple and after having a done a few Kohlers this should be a breeze. I was more worried about where to find parts if needed but it seems they are out there yet ...even oversize pistons/rings, amazing that parts are around for a 55+ year old engine!  I did find all the specs as well, wonderful thing this information age we live in....

Keep an eye on my thread in mods... will be sure to take plenty of pics....

• Like 1

rj35hunter

The Clinton's this size are very similar to the 4 HP Kohler's. It is amazing the amount of NOS parts still available!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      The RJ58 was the big hit for spectators this year at my local festivals here in Carroll County OH. 
      the children loved getting their pictures sitting on it, then they discovered the bicycle horn under the steering wheel. It’s always a joy even in parades. Just love showing off part of my collection every year and hearing all the stories from those that had WH in their lives at one time. Can hardly wait to get to retirement so I can get some of my other models back to their glory in working order and be able to attend other shows/festivals throughout the year. My fellow tractor enthusiasts always know when a spectacular starts asking about WH, they point in my direction. I study up on the history of the different models and always intrigue those that didn’t know much about how WH came to be. This website is one place that has helped me learn so much about the WH history and I thank you for sharing your knowledge that I am able to pass on to keep WH alive and well.

• D_Mac
      By D_Mac
      So my morning started with a call from a friend of mine asking me if I was interested in WH parts. My friend was a small engine mechanic for many years and I bring him all my small engine repair work. I have said many times I am not a good mechanic.  He has been retired for many years. So he tells me he sold a WH tractor to a man close to 20 yrs ago and the guy called him so see if he was interested in any parts. My friend said no as he dosnt do much work any more as his health is declining. He told the man I might be interested and would it be ok if I called him. That was all the conversation they had. He gave me the number and I called him asking what parts he had and what he wanted for them. Turns out it's the whole tractor my friend sold him close to 20 yrs ago. He told me that he took it to a repair shop and dosnt want to put the money into repairing it he is going to buy new. He told me the repair shop told him needed a starter as the bendix was sticking and something wrong with the carb but he put a brand new seat on it last year. I tell him I am a WH lover and have no need for a tractor but I have 3 WH's in my garage. Then I ask .... " how much are you looking to get for it ?". He tells me I can have it for FREE if I pick it up from the repair shop. He would call the shop and tell them I'm coming to get it. I jump in my truck and race over to get it. While driving there I called my friend. Turns out my friend got the tractor with a broken piston rod. The engine he rebuilt 30 yrs ago. New everything. I said great if it was 20 yrs ago but I wonder what kind of shape it's in now. Well here are the photos. He kept it in great shape. 310-8 with a 48 inch deck that's as solid as it was when new. I took it over to my buddies house who did all the work many years ago. We tinkered with it a few minutes. Turns out the throttle plate had fallen off inside the carb. The plate was just laying in there. One screw was still attached to the stem the other missing. Wondering what kind of damage that tiny brass screw can cause if it got sucked into the engine. Plan is to rebuild the carb and he was going to see if he could find a screw and reattach the plate. Anyone ever come across this issue ever ? My buddy says he never seen that happen before. Then I will either get a new starter or maybe repair the one in there.  Has anyone ever see a throttle plate fall off in a carb before ? What do you think happened to the screw? I can't read the ID tag on the tractor. I don't want to buy a Chinese carb either. Might be looking to replace the whole carb. Suggestions??? Comments??

• Vaughan32850
      By Vaughan32850
      Has anyone got a WT-30 tiller they can send pictures if pleas? It’s the one fitted with a K91 engine for RJ models. 
      Many thanks

• Jennifer
      By Jennifer
      Husband wants some advice… lol.  So we did an engine swap today on two suburbans because we could not get the one engine to spark all the time to get it running!  The engine ran last year before parking for the winter sleep…. Points were changed out for new the engine was cleaned to make good contact has new spark plug new coil condenser we even switched out the fly wheel today thinking maybe the magnet was weak…. Advice???   It would where are you out yanking on the recoil five or so times and maybe only get the points to fire twice if you’re lucky..  checked the gap and pull again… same thing over and over!  Thanks in advance!
    • Jeff-C175
      By Jeff-C175
      Detailed wiring from the Demystification Guide #492-4509
      4 pages 1.4MB Color
      p7-67 to p7-70

Onan powered

1989 416-8 model 31-16O801