1978c81

Want to build a wooden platform

1978c81

I was wondering if anyone had pics of a wooden platform they use to stack their tractors. I want to stack an RJ on top of another.  Thank you.

Jake Kuhn

I know clay brooks (rj35hunter) Built some for his rjs, not sure if he ever posted any pictures of them on here, think I saw pics on over on facebook if your on there

sorekiwi

IMG_3099.jpg

3 up top, 2 underneath.

• Like 4

Forest Road

Without knowing anything about your space or future uses you might consider pallet shelving. Basically it's the industrial shelves used in Lowes and Home Depot throughout the entire store. I've seen complete kits used for under $100. Never any fear of those failing. Best of luck Here's a link to some new stuff http://www.industrialshelving.com/speedrack-pallet-rack/ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevebo

When I designed my new barn I made sure this was included. I may end up going with a second shelf....

photo (55).JPG

photo (56).JPG

photo (57).JPG

• Like 3

Sprocket

When I was growing up, we had a vintage boat with a yellow trailer - I miss them both.

If I were you J :Leno Jr I'd ride a different one to work every day.  Including the boat.

I have been in barns with "ride up shelves" but it was never stuffed as full as the one above - Even Dolly might ask how you got all that in there...

Brian01

Lmao at J Leno Jr......I was thinking the same thing!

Coadster32

I don't care who you are....that's funny right there. Get-R-Done!!

Ken B

I don't care who you are....that's funny right there. Get-R-Done!!

Dang that there is pretty darn funny. Steve is already thinkin second shelf but he might need one down the middle of the barn to get all the boats out of the way. That way when winter rolls in some work can get done in there! Maybe you can make enough space so we can put my wood boat up there in the winter?:ychain:

Aldon

Maybe set up a system to suspend the boats from the center ridge support. Otherwise the square footage is not working. 

stevebo

LOL guys .. let's stick to the original question. 1978C81 is looking for pics of wood shelving other members have made. 

DrabHorse

If you didn't already have some way to lift the tractor up, I had an idea to use a small winch to pull a tractor up a ramp onto the shelf.  This would be more for a setup where you had the tractors lined up front to back.

Ken B

LOL guys .. let's stick to the original question. 1978C81 is looking for pics of wood shelving other members have made. 

Jay can you post some pics of the wooden shelves you made in your garage? That might be what he is lookin for...

sorekiwi

As for loading tractors onto the second shelf - I use tractor ramps to put them in the back of my pick-up truck, then tractor ramps to transfer them from the truck to the shelf.  2 stages but not particularly scary.

Sprocket

To be supportive to the topic without pictures...
I've seen a 3 bay garage that could best be described like this:
Front view = 3 garage doors - what you would expect from a barn shaped building with garage doors on the side, not ends...
The back wall had a "shelf" about 4' off the ground - maybe 5' - I didn't get a chance to study it well.
On the right side - just before a 4' door between the house and garage - there was a ramp up to the shelf level - I don't know how deep the shelf was but 4' at least because there was a small car under there - covered - Triumph or something like that.
The shelf had a large tractor, nose out, and the blower, the plow, the deck - all stored up there and ready to get pulled down when needed.
IIRC - the garage was double deep so you could park 3 cars and still have yard stuff & toys stored.  I shoulda taken pictures but this was before cell phone cameras, cell phones in general and all that.  It was a slick set up to be sure.
It was definitely a drive up situation and that was what impressed me overall.  It was my fist impressions of something called a "garage-Mahal" - Like the Taj Mahal but for tractors and cars...
I can see it in my brain - I hope you can visualize it in yours.  It was pretty awesome at the time - even for the middle aged man I was.
I hope this is constructive.