osubrutus1

C-175 questions

osubrutus1

I have a C-175 that the mower deck will not stay in place, it will slowly drop. Im guess a cylinder but can they be rebuilt? question #2 how do you fill the trans oil?

GM_Man

Does the mower deck drop while running or after you let it sit? There's a dipstick under the seat near the gas cap, that's where you fill the trans fluid.

boovuc

If it drops while mowing, you most likely need a rebuild/O rings for the lift cyl. We have a guy here in the vendors section that sells a rebuild kit. Here is a link:

http://classickitchensandmore.com/wheel-horse-tractors-parts-c-42/wheel-horse-tractor-hydraulic-lift-cylinder-reseal-oring-kit-p-4339.html

C-175 autos came with two possible hydro transmissions. The Eaton 1100 or the Sundstrand. The oil as stated goes into the dip stick hole. It's a slow process unless you do two things,
(1) On the Eaton's, you can remove after cleaning up around it, one of the top bolts on the transmission. This will allow the case to breath and the oil to go into the dip tube much easier. Keep it Clean!
(2) Get a piece of Plexon or Tygon tubing or even some fuel line though you don't want it too big in diameter and stick it into the dip stick tube just far enough to clear the tube. SECURE IT so it doesn't drop in! Now you can add your oil and the case will breath through that tubing.

osubrutus1

Thank you!! yes it drops while mowing so I will get the rebuild kit and it is the sundstrand. I never thought about the tubing trick, Thanks again!!