Duke's Horse

RMR-3262 Issues

Duke's Horse

We've had the 702 for almost a month now. It is in pretty good shape so I have decided to mow with it a little. I have been going over the deck and noticed a little slop in the spindle. I can move it up and down a good 1/8 inch, maybe a hair more. Is this normal or should I be looking for a shim or bushing to replace? The gears seem to mesh nicely and there are no noises or vibrations in the deck.

Thanks, Brian 

Edited by Duke's Horse
Spelling

Duke's Horse

I am also getting a lot of discharge out of the front of the deck. I set the deck per the manual, 1/4" lower in the front than the rear. Side to side is good.

To be honest, the rotation of the blades seems counter intuitive. Sitting on the mower, the right side rotates clockwise. The left is counter clockwise.  It seems like it would be prone to force clippings out the front. 

Other than that, cut is great. 

Any advice is appreciated. ☺

slammer302

I have a couple of these decks and most have sum play up and down i would not worry about it unless its side to side movement. I had the same problem with the clipping flying out the front of my deck getting all over my face and the mower and when i looked at the front of my deck it was open when i looked in the manual i see sum pics with the front of the deck open and sum with metal going across the front so i got a peice of 1/8'' steel and bolted it across the front of my deck and it made the grass stay were its supposed to

• Like 1