kthack657

Wheel Horse Articles

kthack657

Hi Everyone,

I am the WHCC Newsletter, and I need your help, you all have seen the pictures from the big show, and you all have such wonderful stories to tell, I want to be able to share these stories with other enthusiasts.  If you are not a member of the club, I would encourage you to become a member.  They are working hard to help collectors and other enthusiasts out with the big show, I found parts there this year that I have been looking for over a year.  Please if you would like to submit an article to the newsletter please let me know, the club and especially the Newsletter would not be without all the amazing members that are out there.  In case you are a member but did not make it to the meeting, I am trying something new for the next newsletter, I will be working to send out the Newsletter via email to those that want it that way.  It will be in color, and although I will still be limited to the size (depending on how many decide to get their Newslett via email) it will be in color.  Please help me out, I know there have got to be some great stories about your time at the show, so here is your chance to let everyone know.  If you need help writing it, I can help...I just need the jist of it and some pictures.  Please help me out and dont make me beg!!!

Karen Thackeray
kthack657 :)

• Like 6

chorusguy

I will gladly join when the debit card/credit card payment option is viable.  Since it costs money to pay by card I would be open to a two tiered price schedule.  $15 for debit/credit and $10 for cash or check if $10 is still the membership fee.

• Like 1

kthack657

Hi Chorusguy,  unfortunately this is not something I am able to assist with, but I do know that if you wanted to send a check in, you could pay for multiple years.  I do thank you though for your interest in the hobbie and hope that in the future you will be able to join the WHCC.  Perhaps one day you will also be able to make it to the show in Biglersville, PA.  next year promises to be an amazing year as the feature is custom tractors. 

kthack657

Come on people do not make me beg, I can only make a great newsletter with your help!! it does not have to be long, 250 words and a few pictures.  it can even be about another show, experience, or your restoration of a machine.  people want a good read.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me with this!!     :bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue::bow-blue:

DOC in Kentucky

Karen, I think this is a great idea! Unfortunately I have nothing to add at this time. Maybe a online questionnaire would be helpful. Questions like how and why we started collecting, what models we collect, tips and tricks we have discovered,.etc.

neil

I recently wrote an article for Karen and was delighted with the result that was printed in the WHCC newsletter.
The article that I wrote was about my  trip from UK to the big show in 2014 .

So so come on chaps give Karen some help here . 

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Neil, you probably hold the record for "longest distance traveled" to the show!

• Like 1

kthack657

Neil, I am happy you enjoyed the newsletter, Doc, that is a good idea, I will have to think of the questions to ask and see what I can come up with.  I am hoping that as the show gets closer and the modified creations start to come together I can get a few articles about the building, and what they hoped to/achieved when creating their art :) I know I am trying to document Jims build for the show, and I also know that I will be printing the contest that will be happening next year.  Exciting things to come!!

"D"- Man

Just curious how soon do you need the artical, and is it open to non-WHCC members.  I also would like to see online registration and payment become an option, Mark.

kthack657

Hi 23 Automatic LSE,  I am always looking for articles, and would be happy to get one from you, I do two newsletters a year, one in August and one in April/May, so if you did not have one for the August Newsletter, I could always use it for the one in the spring.  And now if you would like to join the club, you can go to their website and use paypal to become a member.  If you do not want to become a member though no worries I would still love to get an article from you.  Thank you in advance!!

kthack657

Thank you for the link Craig!!

• Like 1

AMC RULES
I should be thanking you Karen, for your hard work, 
and all you give back to the hobby.  
   :handgestures-thumbsup: Edited by AMC RULES

squonk

Craig, Maybe an article on how you fit 38 tractors and attachments into your magic shed! :) :teasing-poke:  :teasing-neener:

• Like 1

AMC RULES
I'm thinkin'...    :confusion-shrug:
picts like these evoke the stories Karen's looking for. 

101_0826.thumb.JPG.b6f4a0dc2e62dcbb19f74
1_stevea_saurus.thumb.JPG.0d47436ebc01c1
WHCC_2015_pics_013.thumb.JPG.bb35ef55923
2015_06262015WHCC0001.thumb.JPG.d3702cdc
WHCC_2015_pics_003.thumb.JPG.ed9a2fb01fb
IMG_0143.thumb.JPG.7ba7f46d63ba19421074e Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 3