kj4kicks

2016 WHCC Show Feature Tractor is...

kj4kicks

In case you missed the announcement, the feature tractor for the 2016 WHCC show is "Customs" . The only stipulation is that it is based on a Wheelhorse or Toro/Wheelhorse tractor. Over the years we have seen thousands of them, and look forward to gathering them all in one place! As always there will be no judging or trophies, but it promises to be an epic show. The raffle tractor for 2016 is also going to be a custom tractor. Many thanks to the club members who have already donated parts and offered ideas.

On a personal note, anyone that knows me, knows that I am beyond thrilled that this has finally become a reality. What started as an idea several years ago quickly gained support from many of you, and that's what made this possible. I'm looking forward to what all of the creative minds and hands can come up with.

• Like 8

nylyon

I know that makes you very happy Eldon! I'll bet there a lot of happy guys out there...

• Like 2

BPjunk
Here's hoping we can get Bud, and his wild 603 gasser to come back. 
2009_0628pennwhshow0019.jpg
4754664664_04bbd83c00_b.jpg

I WANT THIS WHEEL HORSE AT THE 2016 18TH ANNUAL WHEEL HORSE !

I too grew up in the era of Ed Roth creations and this tractor is a favorite of mine.
Wild Bill

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Im sure there will be some wild stuff there.

AMC RULES
4754664672_8eb2d0c5e7_b.jpg
One of those rare instances when Wild Bill is out of uniform...
where's them trademark white pants?
  :confusion-shrug:   :teasing-poke:

Edited by Big Show or Bust.
  • Like 3

nylyon

He hasn't been back since the forum crash of 2011.  If he's interested, have him drop me a note (admin@wheelhorseforum.com) or by the contact us link so we can get his account going again here... 

• Like 1

AMC RULES
I've tried to PM Bud a few times with no luck...
last time I heard from him was a couple years back, before the big show...he popped on to say he was going to try and make it...
I offered to come and get him, if he needed me to, but got no reply back.
     :confusion-shrug:

nylyon

PM'ing him isn't going to work because his e-mail address is invalid in the system which is the one thing which needs to be fixed. 

wallfish

I can hardly wait to see all the cool stuff in one place!
It figures this will be the feature next year. ALL of mine have been sold but I know a couple of them will still be there. Time to get to work on a new one!

• Like 6

CasualObserver

I can't imagine what the feature lineup will look like next year. From the "ones they should have built" to the crazy modded out tractors. There have been many builds documented here on RS, (and some not...) and RS only makes up a small contingent of the WHCC membership. Who knows what kind of stuff the rest of them will come up with!  I'm already thinking next year's show will be epic! :popcorn: 

• Like 1

Ken B

I'm with you Jason, next yrs. show is gonna be a doozy that is for sure! I'm sure Eldon is gonna roll out some of his finest creations and I know Wallfish the mad scientist is probably already layin out plans for his next creation... 

• Like 2

Coadster32

From the track style tanks, to Bud's Gasser, and John's rat-rod and two uppers, Russ's diesels, to the Jerr-dan flatbeds, articulators, Brian's stainless versions, Duke's snow chuckers, everyone's crazy pullers...Looks like a show not to miss for certain!!

• Like 1

kj4kicks

Hi guys and gals! Just giving this thread a gentle bump... It's almost show time! Hope you have your plans made and are putting the final touches on those machines. Here's an FYI, or a PSA, or whatever you want to call it... Just in case you were thinking, "no time to build a custom (or go see them all in one place) this year, I'll wait until they feature them again" , please know this, the policy of the WHCC is to never repeat a feature tractor. Not to say that it won't EVER happen, but the chances are pretty slim. See you in a couple of weeks! Safe travels everyone.

• Like 1

squonk

Aldon, is there any way to post a list of all the past feature tractors?

kj4kicks
2 hours ago, squonk said:

Eldon, is there any way to post a list of all the past feature tractors?

I'm sure there is a list, and I'll try to find it. If anyone else was keeping track, please feel free to post it. I know the show T-shirt a few years back had the list up until then...

• Like 1

kj4kicks

Here it is, the WHCC raffle tractor. The engine will be installed Wednesday. A huge THANK YOU to Kevin Townsend (Ken) for donating a nice running 16hp Onan engine. Not only that, but he custom built an exhaust system and stack for it. He's going to bring it along from Indiana with him, and we're going to get it running before the show (hopefully). I wanted this to be Onan powered, since the tractor started life as a 520, and I wanted the dash gauges to be functional. Terry Dennis donated the decals, though he probably doesn't realize it. It was an extra set that he sent along waaaaay back when I was building something. I had to cut the front corners to make them fit since I altered the hood. See some of you in a few days!

w2.jpg

w1.jpg

w4.jpg

w5.jpg

w6.jpg

Edited by kj4kicks
  • Like 4

wallfish

NICE!!!!

That's a great raffle tractor. Always wondered where the raffle tractors come from or who donates them or does the work to get them running and ready. This year we know!

Do you do the raffle tractor every year?

• Like 2

rjg854

now there's a custom tractor if I ever saw one :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

kj4kicks
31 minutes ago, wallfish said:

NICE!!!!

That's a great raffle tractor. Always wondered where the raffle tractors come from or who donates them or does the work to get them running and ready. This year we know!

Do you do the raffle tractor every year?

Thanks John :) The raffle tractor is usually purchased at the show for the following year, and is generally in running condition when purchased. This is the first one that I have been involved with.

Pete Monteiro

Awesome Raffle tractor !!!!!!! What a great Idea ! I would Love to turn it into a Puller.  Cant wait to try my luck for it. 

• Like 1

JPWH

That one is gonna sell a lot of raffle tickets. Sweet!

• Like 3

rjg854

:text-yeahthat:      :text-goodpost:

• Like 1

whtractors24
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:57 AM, kj4kicks said:

Here it is, the WHCC raffle tractor. The engine will be installed Wednesday. A huge THANK YOU to Kevin Townsend (Ken) for donating a nice running 16hp Onan engine. Not only that, but he custom built an exhaust system and stack for it. He's going to bring it along from Indiana with him, and we're going to get it running before the show (hopefully). I wanted this to be Onan powered, since the tractor started life as a 520, and I wanted the dash gauges to be functional. Terry Dennis donated the decals, though he probably doesn't realize it. It was an extra set that he sent along waaaaay back when I was building something. I had to cut the front corners to make them fit since I altered the hood. See some of you in a few days!

w2.jpg

w1.jpg

w4.jpg

w5.jpg

w6.jpg

price of each ticket? Is there a minimum amount of tickets to be sold?