Sign in to follow this  
dgjks6

tire chains

dgjks6

I bought chains, weights, and plow from a 520 for my 312. Took off the extension for the plow, got the wheel weights without a problem, but the chains are to big. What size are the tires on a 520? I have 22x9x12 on my 312. Is there a way shorten the chains? How do you know what size chains you need?

Sparky

Your chains are for 23x10.50x12 tires. I dont think you could remove enough links to make them fit right. The 22x9x12 chains are hard to find. I finally found a used set on E-bay about 3 years ago for my 312-8.

Chains sizes are refered to the same as tire sizes.

Mike...........

T-Mo

I was just going to go back and edit my post to give you the tire size of a 520, but Mike beat me to it. You could shorten those chains as outline in the link I've provided, but, Mike is right, that would be a lot of shortening....

dgjks6

If nobody tries to steal this from ebay I will tell you guys. There are a set of 520 rims with new tires - size 23x10.5x12 on ebay now just a few miles from my house. Could I fit these on my 312? I could use the original tires with my 37 in deck and the new ones for plowing - if they will fit.

I also found some for 22x9.5.12 tires on a web site for $64 - but I doubt I could sell my chains for that much.

Greg