nylyon

2015 WHCC Kids Tractor Certification

nylyon

This event will broadcast at 10:00am Eastern Edited by nylyon
fixed video link
  • Like 4

Sparky

The link worked for me.
I really like the idea of a kid safety/cert program. I have seen a few young hot-rodders there rippin the place up!
Mike.....

• Like 1

stevebo

I wanted to personally thank Wild Bill for taking time with each kid to go over the tractors and walk them though the course. A+ in my book Bill !!! 

• Like 2

AMC RULES
...and the Mrs Rules captured this one too.    :eusa-clap:

Edited by Big Show or Bust.
  • Like 2

Sparky

Dang!! I thought he was gonna rip that cord right outa the recoil!
Great video!
Mike.........

• Like 3

AMC RULES
Sure looked like he was tryin', huh Mike?   :greetings-clapyellow:
I think he finally started it on his sheer force of will.  Edited by Cuttin' Some Cheese

BPjunk

I was amazed at just how well the kids did with driving their Wheel Horse. Before driving through the cones I wanted to test their knowledge of operation and for me to check for mechanical problems of their Wheel Horse. Each child got a different discussion about the tractor they were operating (next year a group rules of the road class may happen) since all types of Wheel Horses were operated by the kids. A child with a 953/1054 was taught to look for out and make sure nothing is in their path that might get run over by the taller tractor. Any kid riding a mid engine RJ or Suburban series was warned against letting the clutch out too fast as not to pull a unwanted wheelie. Kids with hydros were told to use the foot brake first then make sure the lever is pulled back. Any tractors that had wide wheel weights I instructed the kids to make sure they had enough room when making a turn on their Wheel Horse so the weight will not hit any thing.  During obstacle course I watched each kids body language too make sure they were not in trouble and to see what sequence they operated starting and stopping procedures in.
 It was good to have the parents there too supporting the children. Any of the kids who was in the class and then drove in the parade got more attention as after I talked to them about their Wheel Horse I raised their wrist to show the world the red band they received for passing the course ! I would also like to give a BIG THANK YOU to my assistant Jo Marion as she was a big help with this project.
 I am proud of  all the kids who took this class !
Wild Bill

• Like 4

stevebo

Craig-
Tell the misses that I appreciate the video and Brennan will too in the future I am sure. The funny thing is Brennan check the oil early that morning and said hey dad the oil is brownish/black and we should change it. He carefully drained the old oil and then re filled it. Later that day he just happened to have to change the drive belt and did it with the assistance of Vin. 
We got home and he decided it was time to make his rat rod 551 shiny like his buddies at the show. We are in the middle of this......

photo (99).JPG

photo 1 (10).JPG

photo 2 (7).JPG

photo 3 (8).JPG

• Like 8

nylyon

Bill, I commented to many how impressed I was (they were too) the time you spent with each kid.  You didn't rush any of them and even though it was running on longer than you expected, you didn't rush anyone, very nice job.

Steve, I can't imagine the pride to felt when your son picked up the tools and started working on the tractor.  That's just awesome!

• Like 3

953 nut
:)  Well done "Wild Bill". You are first class!

Ken B

Brennan is gonna get fresh paint? I kinda thought he was a run thru the mud type of guy...:scratchead: That's cool, his tractor will look pretty nice with a Brennan and Stevebo Special on it!

My hats off to Wild Bill. Thanks for taking the time to help educate the kids and parents alike on safety. It was time well spent! Here is a quick vid of my boy runnin my Burban thru the course. Cole's Burban will be at next yrs. show with a few updates... Click on pic to watch video..
th_20150626_103033_zpsho0oeqr3.mp4

Edited by Ken B
  • Like 1

stevebo

Ken-
Brennan wants to know what upgrades.....:ychain:

AMC RULES
:text-yeahthat:   What updates?   :confusion-shrug:

muz123

I should've had my son try this. Great video though!