Sign in to follow this  
boovuc

Front Hub Grease cap/Dust Cap Dimensions

boovuc

Can someone do a quick measurement for me? I need measurements of the front hub dust covers/grease cups used on most of the Wheelhorse Tractors. (300, 400 500 & C-Series)

I don't have one on my bench anymore and the one I wanted to measure on my C-175 won't budge and I don't want to ruin it just to measure. I have none on four of my machines and I'm tired of the crap they pick up.

I need the Inside Diameter
The Outside Diameter
The Depth or length

Didn't see anything on the dimensions while searching the site.

Thanks in Advance!

Dennys502
Are you talking about the plastic dust cap for the front axle?

Dennys502
If you're talking about the metal dust cap like the 520 had it is about 1.985 od. depth is 1.15 flange depth is .35 where it goes into the hub.
Teske mfg has one part # A222 - about $6. It looks like 2000# 3500# trailer axles use this.
Edited by Dennys502

boovuc

Thanks as always, gentlemen!
I forgot that Glen has the caps also. I don't need a logo, though. I just need some cheap dust covers. Also need them for my garden cart. Actually I had noticed that someone must have come onto my property and stole almost all my dust cups and left everything else intact. :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• 87 416-8 horse
      By 87 416-8 horse
      I’m looking for wheel horse tractors for sale or for parts in the Eastern Nebraska or western Iowa area. Preferably 8 speed manuals. Pm me or comment with what you have. The worst I could say is it’s out of my price or distance range. 
      Thanks,
      John
    • BrianStasC-101
      By BrianStasC-101
      Hello all. I am looking for suggestions on adapting the pto from my C series tractor to a harbor freight predator 420 13hp engine. I know the predator motors are a controversial topic however it is the route I have chosen for this particular machine. The intent was to mostly use it for plowing so no PTO required but it would be handy to have. Looking to hear from someone that has successfully done the swap that may offer any advice before I attempt to transfer it over. Just looking for any general pointers that will help me along the way to make it go as smoothly as possible. 
    • davem1111
      By davem1111
      This started out as mostly a "can we do it?" project, but I believe that some of you here might be interested in buying some of these.  My daughter's boyfriend is an engineering student and has a 3-D printer.  He modeled the bezel shape, and we did a few test runs which I tried out on several tractors here.  These are NOT NOS, but I bought a pair of those a while back for $40 plus shipping and was not happy about spending that much. And, I like this new plastic quality better.  I think the NOS bezels were so old they had warped some anyway.  The texture is "line-y" or striated, but they could probably be sanded and painted with a good plastic paint to look more like the originals. But personally, I don't care.  Maybe the show-tractor purists do, but that's okay - don't buy them if you want perfection.

The only challenge so far has been that most used hoods have bumped into a tree, fence post, or something over the years and are not in perfect shape.  These bezels fit my tractors pretty well, but I was told by someone I sent a sample to that they were a bit of a loose fit on a NOS hood.  But that's okay too.  If you have an unblemished hood, give me the exact Width/Height measurements of your headlight holes, and we can adjust the size of the bezel for a tighter fit if necessary.

I'm looking to get $25 per pair, plus shipping (USPS Priority is about $9.50).  Discount on multiple pairs, and I should be able to ship at least 5 pairs in one box if you want a bunch.  Also, these could be done in just about any color by request. The first tests were in white and silver, since that was what was handy at the time. All later ones already made are in black. This is PLA material, not ABS, which is more brittle. In my opinion, these are probably more durable than the originals, but that's just a feeling.  I have several pairs available, but as soon as those are sold there will be at least a few days lead time before I can get more made and shipped.

IMG_0714(1).jpg
      964 kb · Done