snowmoboyle

What a Find...

nappypappy

nice story and good luck....

Ken B

Sounds like you have a solid plan in place.. Is that your driveway in the photo above? if so, you have got the right machine to get the job done. it looks knda long!

snowmoboyle

Sounds like you have a solid plan in place.. Is that your driveway in the photo above? if so, you have got the right machine to get the job done. it looks knda long!

It is, and the reason I was happy to find the 88' 520 with the two stage/cab.  We just moved her in Feb '14, the "best" winter we've had in a long time.  I had nothing to handle the driveway, landlord lives next door and kept it cleared out with his plow truck.  Going into the winter of Fall '14 I was set, also paid the township $100 to plow however they do - didn't expect much for that price for the year!  Turns out, every time they plow, they will come through the driveway, and wing it back, all the way up, turn around, and all the way out - only area I need to worry about is where the two cars are parked.  So I actually planned on using the $35 walk behind I picked up this spring HAHA!  

Only kind of driveway I want from now on - barely hear the cars go by on the gravel road... about 600' away

Pullstart

Hey how about some pics posing with that forest green chevy?  Looks nice!

snowmoboyle

Ahh the ol' Chev.  That thing I bought in 2002, summer before I got married (1st time, on second marriage now and found the right girl this time).  It originally from Oregon -- was owned by a grandpa, he passed, grandkid in east-central wisconsin inherited it.   he did a quickie paint job, put headers on and short 3" exhaust on both sides, and the rims.  Drove it a few years, sold it to another grandpa guy.  This guy had it for a couple years, and then sold to me.  Motor was tired, but it was a fun summer toy.  Christmas 05 (divorced that summer) dad cheered me up with a new motor put in it.  Now it growls.... It does have some snort to it, a mild build 350.  Could use an extra gear in that turbo 350 lol. It's a 1970 2wd C20 - Custom Camper edition.  had the extra little door on the lower passenger side of the box for storage.  

it's got some rust now, body is so so, something is going to fall off and cause me to park it but I just can't sell it.  I have a line on a 84 K5 Blazer for cheap, with supposedly 54k miles on it... would be a nice donor to put this 350 in.... Hmmmmm

• Like 1

snowmoboyle

Oh and PS - that's dad's Tundra in the background - I run a Hyundai beater with a heater.....

Pullstart

Ahh the ol' Chev.  That thing I bought in 2002, summer before I got married (1st time, on second marriage now and found the right girl this time).  It originally from Oregon -- was owned by a grandpa, he passed, grandkid in east-central wisconsin inherited it.   he did a quickie paint job, put headers on and short 3" exhaust on both sides, and the rims.  Drove it a few years, sold it to another grandpa guy.  This guy had it for a couple years, and then sold to me.  Motor was tired, but it was a fun summer toy.  Christmas 05 (divorced that summer) dad cheered me up with a new motor put in it.  Now it growls.... It does have some snort to it, a mild build 350.  Could use an extra gear in that turbo 350 lol. It's a 1970 2wd C20 - Custom Camper edition.  had the extra little door on the lower passenger side of the box for storage.  

it's got some rust now, body is so so, something is going to fall off and cause me to park it but I just can't sell it.  I have a line on a 84 K5 Blazer for cheap, with supposedly 54k miles on it... would be a nice donor to put this 350 in.... Hmmmmm

I understand what you mean looking for another gear!  I've got a 69 C10 with the three on the tree powered by an '86 350 that I warmed up a few years back.  It really is a blast to drive but 6-8 miles per gallon gets old fast.  maybe if you could upgrade to a 700R4 it would feel better?

Horse46

I dig that front mount, didn't know they existed.

Does it mount to the front Attach a Matic?

snowmoboyle

I understand what you mean looking for another gear!  I've got a 69 C10 with the three on the tree powered by an '86 350 that I warmed up a few years back.  It really is a blast to drive but 6-8 miles per gallon gets old fast.  maybe if you could upgrade to a 700R4 it would feel better?

Oh it would, just out of my mechanical bounds, and the funds are never there or worth it in my mind - it's the always true story, if I did actually sell it I'd kick myself later, but if I dont it'll probably end on blocks with the "someday I'll fix it up" theory lol

• Like 1

snowmoboyle

I dig that front mount, didn't know they existed.

Does it mount to the front Attach a Matic?

Yes it does, I have a few extra parts in a box that I know must come into play yet - it was never used so I am unsure completely how it does end up working with the belt, etc. I figured it might lift too but it doesn't appear that way?

snowmoboyle
Are you a Fastenal dealer? 
IMG_3950.jpg

I work Outside sales for them.  I cover a big area and live 25 miles from the store so it works out I take the truck home.  

AMC RULES
A lot of us use them to move :wh:'s and attachments across country for cheap $...
would be nice if we had an insider amongst us.  
:greetings-clappingyellow:

snowmoboyle
A lot of us use them to move :wh:'s and attachments across country for cheap $...
would be nice if we had an insider amongst us.  
:greetings-clappingyellow:

I just used 3PL to ship a deck - did seem like a good price.  I do not however get a deal on that LOL

I've been happy with the job, and the company.  It's a fast paced job, but M-F, no nights/weekends/holidays.  We observe the 4th next Friday :)

WHX??

I get first dibs on anything you want to get rid of that moves snow, I have a place in Clam Lake and another in Eagle River that always needs snow removal.

Your dad is not supposed to sell anything...'sposed to give it to his sons and they are 'sposed to take care of it so they can pass it on to their sons....;)