shallowwatersailor

How Not To Stain a Trailer Floor!

coldbear

Sorry to hear about your Peter Pan. I broke my right femur bone June 10 when my motorhome slipped off a jack. WooHoo that hurts.

WNYPCRepair

Sorry to hear about your Peter Pan. I broke my right femur bone June 10 when my motorhome slipped off a jack. WooHoo that hurts.

My wife broke hers June 21st, and just started back to work 6 hours a day, light duty, this week. She still has a ways to go to be completely healed. She broke one of the bumps at the end that form the knee completely off, and another break 3/4 of the way through the femur a few inches above the knee. 

How is your healing going? And also yours, @shallowwatersailor, are you back on your feet completely?

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

My wife broke hers June 21st, and just started back to work 6 hours a day, light duty, this week. She still has a ways to go to be completely healed. She broke one of the bumps at the end that form the knee completely off, and another break 3/4 of the way through the femur a few inches above the knee. 

How is your healing going? And also yours, @shallowwatersailor, are you back on your feet completely?

Brian, thanks for asking. I'm glad to hear that you wife is back to work on light duty. I would say that I am 80-85% on the ankle but developed a blood clot from wearing the cast. I had warned the orthopedic surgeon that I had had a clot four years before so I suggested a "maintenance" dose of medication from him. He dis-regarded my comments. So now I am seeing a vascular doctor! Hopefully it should be healed in another three months. I can manage to walk my new dog (part of my self-prescribed therapy)  :),  and I can now really predict the weather!

I have yet to stain the floor of the trailer!!!

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 3

WNYPCRepair

Good to hear. 

The doctor had my wife taking an aspirin a day to thin her blood to avoid clots.

She was scared to death of clots, a coworker broke something in his foot, healed up came back to work, and dropped dead of a clot

Edited by WNYPCRepair

coldbear

Sorry to hear about the wife Shallow. Hey, they operated Aug. 11 and installed a 13" titanium pin with three screws to stabile it. I was walking with an aid of a walker within three days. A cane came 6 weeks later and now today I can walk but with pain in the knee. Taking pain meds sparingly and they say that's why I have pain. I hate prescription drugs with a vengeance. A hand full of Aleve and away I go. Also being 65 yrs. old doesn't help either.

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

The doctor had my wife taking an aspirin a day to thin her blood to avoid clots.

The Ortho surgeon told me to take an aspirin. I said "I do already." Take two he says. My last visit to be released he looks at my right calf which had blown out to two inches larger than my left. He tells my wife "Boy, he really has a tree trunk there!" Off to the vascular doc.

Now I am on Xeralto (scares me with the lawyer commercials!) which doesn't have an antidote. I got a medical wrist bracelet because the vascular doc said: "Don't get stabbed, shot, or in an automobile accident. Otherwise, you'll be fine." 
:huhs:  :wacko:

• Like 2

dcrage
Now I am on Xeralto (scares me with the lawyer commercials!) which doesn't have an antidote. I got a medical wrist bracelet because the vascular doc said: "Don't get stabbed, shot, or in an automobile accident. Otherwise, you'll be fine."  :huhs:  :wacko:

Heh John -- You get used to it -- I've lived with a lot of rat poison (warfarin) in my system for 17 years now (result of having 2 artificial heart valves) -- By and large my blood clotting is pretty easily controlled -- Now I have managed to not get in any big car wrecks (had an orthopedic say the same thing to me) and I have only had 2 unidentified "bleeds" in that time which resulted in short hospital stays with blood transfusions -- But my outlook is "Heh I would have been dead by now without the valve replacements" -- You have a kinda similar situation -- Your blood clots breaking loose can really cause big time problems