Ken B

Not another boat!

stevebo

I saw this boat in person on Saturday and it is about a clean of an original 1950's wood boat was they come. It is in good hands now. I am sticking with my thoughts on colors.... bright red and off white all the way. Of course the seats need to match...

I kinda like it without the windshield too...:handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by stevebo

Aldon

Nice. I like the idea of original color with hunter green seats. Maybe two tone...

i liked the the two tone upholstery in your previous boat.

• Like 1

AMC RULES
:text-yeahthat:      :text-goodpost:    :text-+1:

Ken B

I saw this boat in person on Saturday and it is about a clean of an original 1950's wood boat was they come. It is in good hands now. I am sticking with my thoughts on colors.... bright red and off white all the way. Of course the seats need to match...

Stevebo didn't mention that when he was at my house I had mentioned I will be selling my Duratech Runabout. He asked how much, within seconds he was in his truck digging the cash out of his wallet! (or his secret safe?) I know if he ever decides to sell it I'll get first crack at it. I told him the next day I probably should have waited till I was done restoring this boat to sell that one, his reply, I can rent it out to you by the week! Always the nut buster! :laughing-rolling:

• Like 1

stevebo

Stevebo didn't mention that when he was at my house I had mentioned I will be selling my Duratech Runabout. He asked how much, within seconds he was in his truck digging the cash out of his wallet! (or his secret safe?) I know if he ever decides to sell it I'll get first crack at it. I told him the next day I probably should have waited till I was done restoring this boat to sell that one, his reply, I can rent it out to you by the week! Always the nut buster! :laughing-rolling:

Come on Ken.... I just wanted to "motivate" you to get er done !! I had no intentions of buying back my old Duratech even tho my boy has been asking me to take him tubing/skiing. Non of the other boats I have will do that. From a previous barter Ken and I made I had a rare 1958 Johnson 35 (with a 40hp power head) just sitting in my basement waiting for the right boat. It happens to be the same year as the boat which is a good thing. When Ken told me about this Dumphy he asked if I wanted to do a barter for my 58' motor for the 25 hp that was on it. I said sure. Then Saturday when I stopped over to see it he tells me that he wanted to keep the original motor on the boat that came with it which I agreed it should stay as is. That 25 is really clean... So I put 2 and 2 together and quicker than I knew I was dragging the Dura home again. This time a "little" nicer than when I sold it to Ken. This is very typical of Ken.. He almost ALWAYS improves whatever he gets and if not he will maintain the quality of it.
When I got home I put the motor on the boat and Sunday we were tubing !!

photo 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo (92).JPG

• Like 5

stevasaurus

Nice boat Ken...that green bottom does go good with the grass though.  :ychain:  :)

• Like 1

AMC RULES
You should paint your Johnson...
blue like the boat.    
:happy-bouncyblue:   :happy-bouncyblue:
  • Like 1

squonk
blue like the boat.    

Careful there Craig! Steve's not a smurf! :angry-nono: and I would hate to see him ban you! :)  138109241avatar.thumb.gif.a86654e6d93181

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

AMC RULES
For what?     :hilarious:
I was referring to the big Johnson on the new boat. 
Edited by Big Show or Bust.
  • Like 1

stevebo
blue like the boat.    

Careful there Craig! Steve's not a smurf! :angry-nono: and I would hate to see him ban you! :)  138109241avatar.thumb.gif.a86654e6d93181

Craig now that would not be original. That would like painting a 420 JD green... 

muz123
:text-coolphotos: 

AMC RULES
blue like the boat.    

Craig now that would not be original. That would like painting a 420 JD green... 

OK, I get it...similar to painting the Dunphy red.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Not original.  

stevebo
blue like the boat.    

OK, I get it...similar to painting the Dunphy red.  :handgestures-thumbupright:  Not original.  

Point taken... IMO this is different tho. That motor is a clean original and while I agree it would look much better blue or even all white i would not be able to get it nback to original again. 

blue like the boat.    

Ken B

With all the rain we have been getting progress has been not as fast as i'd like it to be. So, I will be taking the boat to work and work on it real early in the morning and late at night in a 7000 square foot warehouse that is empty. Shoot, I might even just sleep there.. I do have the bottom repairs done and three coats of red done. The sides were sanded all the way down and 8 coats of varnish applied, Might do a few more coats.. Topside was taken down and one coat of white applied.. Topside will take a bit of time as there is quite a bit of masking off to do around the parts that aren't painted. Also need to repaint the inside and some varnish work there as well. Then, its off to the upholstery shop!
20150701_191705_zpsfpwtydwi.jpg

• Like 2

Aldon

Wow. That looks so good compared to what it started out. And I like the red:-)

• Like 1

dclarke

I never get tired of watching you work your magic on these boats, Ken. Amazing!!  :bow-blue:

• Like 1

stevebo

Red looks great against the wood. 

Ken B

Wow. That looks so good compared to what it started out. And I like the red:-)

The red has grown on me and it matches the trailer I put the boat on last night. Even though this isn't the original trailer to the boat (which I do have) it is better suited to this boat. Not too mention the trailer already matches and it looks good. I now have the boat at work in the warehouse. I'm really going to be able to rock this thing out now! I brought it here at 5am this morning and I got more done in 2 hrs. than I got done in 2 days time working outside at my house. It seems every day by the time I got home from work the rain and thunder storms would start!

Red looks great against the wood. 

I agree, I knew all along it would. I was just being a little too picky in keeping it original. It took plenty of pushin from you to help me to decide...

Ken B

Today I finished the second coat of white and prepped the inside floors for paint which I will do tomorrow along with varnishing the inside of the boat and painting the wheel red..  With the boat inside now I'll be able to get a lot done fast..
20150702_164103_zpstagemfiw.jpg
20150702_164351_zpsq0jdeu0r.jpg

stevebo

I am digging the cigar lighter..... Need to check that out a little further

Ken B

Its gonna see plenty of use!

fireman

Looks sweet Ken! As usual, real nice job :music-rockon:.

Ken B

Hopefully I can drop it off at the upholstery shop this week...
20150704_171137_zpskxuvgn5j.jpg

• Like 2

AMC RULES
:omg:  Yeah, OK...
the red looks better.
  :bow-blue:
  • Like 1