Ed Kennell

RED RAIDER to the RESCUE

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ed, mighty nice of you. And holy smokes, how high that grass is. Plenty for the horse to chew on.

Glenn

• Like 4

wrightorchid

could have used a sickle for that stuff.  A hay baler might be in order....:lol:

• Like 7

Wheel-N-It
Good story and pics Ed!
  • Like 4

CasualObserver

Exactly my thoughts! That would have been a fantastic yard to be able to try out a side-mounted sickle!

That's mighty neighborly of you Ed. It's a shame that the mortgage company turned down your offer, but the reality is that it's just them protecting themselves. If you damaged the property or got hurt doing it they could have potential liability, and they they don't want to put that risk into a property that they're just sitting on. I am surprised they don't contract a lawn service to mow it though, just to keep the varmints and squatters at bay.

• Like 5

stevasaurus

My Mom's grass looks close to that every week when I go over there to mow it. :)  Excellent pictures Ed and very nice of you to do that for her.  :)

• Like 5

squonk

Steve, cents you're retired you have no time to mow it more often!

Ed, those pics are calendar shots!

• Like 5

Ken B

Nice Job Ed. I bet the ole Tecky was gettin into the governor on that grass cuttin!

• Like 2

AMC RULES
Would love to see that first one in the calender.   :text-coolphotos:
  • Like 4

Ed Kennell

Nice Job Ed. I bet the ole Tecky was gettin into the governor on that grass cuttin!

​I luv my HH120 in the C-120 Ken,   But I elected to use the Raider and Kohler Power.   The guv was full open most of the time.

• Like 2

PaulC

good stuff Ed!! I too like to help the neighbors out with my horses but most of the time its for my own enjoyment B) 

I mowed lawn for my neighbor earlier this year that was probably about half as tall with my 42" sd on my new 417-a with the kt twin. I went right at it deck full down and only had some small issues with it clumping and not flying out of the chute, never enough to stop me though.

Did you have any issues with all that grass or did your :wh: eat right through it?

• Like 2

Aldon

Impromptu random acts of kindness and charity. Awesome example to set!

• Like 2

slammer302

looking good just did the same thing for my brothers new property

• Like 2

boovuc

In my neck of the woods, you would have passed out before you finished by the amount of blood loss from the ticks that would have inhabited that.
It did a nice job! I hope she appreciates it and that they are good neighbors.

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

Did you have any issues with all that grass or did your :wh: eat right through it?

​I found If I only took a 2/3 cut, using the left and center blades to cut and the right one to chop the hay, it would not clog up.
When I took a full cut, the right blade was trying to push out 2' long grass and it would get caught on the back side of the chute opening and keep building up and closing the opening.

In my neck of the woods, you would have passed out before you finished by the amount of blood loss from the ticks that would have inhabited that.
It did a nice job! I hope she appreciates it and that they are good neighbors.

​Plenty of ticks here also BOO.   But they don't bite me as I have had Lyme Disease for 35 years , so ticks, vampires and rabid dogs are afraid to taste my blood.

I am hoping for a good neighbor also. 

She didn't show up today.  I hope she isn't out looking for a person to mow, or worse shopping at HD or Lowes for a green tractor.

• Like 3

953 nut
:)  Great way to welcome a new neighbor, since she was attempting it her self I'm sure she will be appreciative. :text-thankyouyellow:

shallowwatersailor

​I vote for the second shot.  Ed, I am also glad to see that you didn't decide to use the 314-H. ;)

Edited by shallowwatersailor

RedRanger

This thread is worthless with out pictures......of your new Neighbor!!!  :ychain:

• Like 4

stevasaurus

I was trying to find a picture of somebody that would try to mow that lawn with a push mower...she kept popping up.  :)

Nancy1.thumb.jpg.4342c5df0647e170d9f7341

• Like 4

Ed Kennell
:text-nocomment:   Dino  :angry-nono:
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

​I vote for the second shot.  Ed, I am also glad to see that you didn't decide to use the 314-H. ;)

​I thought about it John,  But I thought a smaller deck w/8 speed would be better for this application.
   And I would have cooked....those magnums and Onans throw too much heat for summer work.

JimD

Even ore impressive than the job the Raider did is your kindness and caring to welcome your new neighbor. I hope she realizes how blessed she is to have you as a neighbor. :)

Edited by JimD
  • Like 5

squonk

I was trying to find a picture of somebody that would try to mow that lawn with a push mower...she kept popping up.  :)

​I can think of someone else, but just the mere sight of her reminds me of her Nails on a Chalkboard voice! :)

• Like 1

RedRanger

​I can think of someone else, but just the mere sight of her reminds me of her Nails on a Chalkboard voice! :)

​Sad but true..on both counts.

Edited by RedRanger
  • Like 1

953 nut

This thread is worthless with out pictures......of your new Neighbor!!!  :ychain:

marge-simpson.thumb.png.26f756544a39ba0b

• Like 5