nylyon

Military Members

nylyon

Thank you for your service.  You may have noticed that RedSquare honor's our military members by adding your branch insignia to your profile.  Identifying your self as a military (Active, reserve or retired) is completely optional for you. 

If you wish to have your insignia added to your profile, you can simply reply to this post and we will get it added. Please understand that replying here will allow search engines such as Google and Yahoo to see that you are or were in the military, so keep that in consideration when making your choice to identify your branch of service.

Similarly if you would like it removed PM an admin to have it removed, do not reply here as doing so will identify you as a military member in search engines such as Google and Yahoo.

• Like 3

Dave68

Disabled veteran US Army - 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment - Vietnam

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

nylyon

Thank you Dave!

• Like 1

Smokey

US Army-Retired

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

Jeff.f

Sgt., U.S. Army,           disabled.

Thank you!

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

nylyon

Got you both, thank you!

• Like 2

Mike_Eddleman

US marine Corp 

Edited by Mike_Eddleman
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 2

Pullstart

"But the flag I fly's got the stars and stripes, test my freedom and I'll be down for a fight" - Gunnar and the Grizzly Boys, Standard American

Thank you to any who serve this great nation!  :USA:

• Like 6

RMCIII

Karl - Just noticed on my Profile, for military, it has Navy. Actually it should be Air Force.

Rob

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

nylyon

Not sure what happen d, but I just went through my records and fixed a lot of our military members. If yours is incorrect still, you can change it in your profile or post here.

maxiblue

was in US Air Force 60's, and again in 80's

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

glenn27

US Navy--late '1968-75.:flags-usa:

And many thanks and my admiration to you other veterans!

glenn

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

glenn27

Thanks _Admin for that addition....:flags-usa:  I ain't skeered!

Sarge

USMC

Sarge

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1

Cvans

US Navy. 1969 to 1975. 

• Excellent 1

953 nut
8 hours ago, Cvans said:

US Navy. 1969 to 1975. 

Thank you for your service!  Image result for anchors away

• Thanks 1

jay bee

US Army .  1965-1966.  168th Combat Engineers.  Viet Nam.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

paxz71usa

US Army 254th FA Radar Detachment LZ. Weight Davies/LZ. Loney Vietnam. 1970-19.71. :USA:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

nylyon

While I have not served in our military, I along with all of you fully support and thank our veterans on a regular basis.  Please see the below, this is our very own @Rob R I am fortunate to live in the same town as Rob and have met up with him on several occasions and at some of the events he's mentioned.  In fact, just a couple of weeks ago, I was out for a drive.  While passing Rob's home, he waived, so I stopped in.  Funny thing is, he had never seen that car before, he was being friendly.  

I am glad thar Rob shared his story, and while I have a deep appreciation for him anyway, reading about his experience was touching, and I want to say thank you for sharing, and even if it's many years late, we appreciate your service and am very grateful you returned home safely. 

I do wonder though, did the Navy ever call?

https://news.hamlethub.com/brewster/life/7132-view-of-a-veteran-freedom-is-not-free-interview-with-mr-robert-rottkamp

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 11.55.33 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

953 nut
41 minutes ago, nylyon said:

I am glad thar Rob shared his story, and while I have a deep appreciation for him anyway, reading about his experience was touching, and I want to say thank you for sharing, and even if it's many years late, we appreciate your service and am very grateful you returned home safely.

Karl, thank you for sharing this article with us. In my opinion Rob hit the nail on the head with his closing statement!          :handgestures-thumbupright:

"I really think it would be beneficial for all our young people to be involved in something service or peace core related for a period so that they really understand and appreciate the freedom they and their families enjoy, and perhaps take for granted."

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Rob R
4 hours ago, nylyon said:

While I have not served in our military, I along with all of you fully support and thank our veterans on a regular basis.  Please see the below, this is our very own @Rob R I am fortunate to live in the same town as Rob and have met up with him on several occasions and at some of the events he's mentioned.  In fact, just a couple of weeks ago, I was out for a drive.  While passing Rob's home, he waived, so I stopped in.  Funny thing is, he had never seen that car before, he was being friendly.  

I do wonder though, did the Navy ever call?

https://news.hamlethub.com/brewster/life/7132-view-of-a-veteran-freedom-is-not-free-interview-with-mr-robert-rottkamp

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 11.55.33 AM.png

Thanks so much Karl, greatly appreciate your  friendship also..... to answer you question I never heard anything from the Navy..... 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

jay bee

@Rob R what a great article.  Karl, thanks for sharing it.  Rob, I too spent my tour in Di An with the 168th Combat Engineers.  We were there to support The Big Red One.  Our guys probably built your barracks and showers and tank pads.  Only missed you by a couple of years.  I got out of there in November 1966 and never looked back!!!

• Like 2

Rob R
1 hour ago, jay bee said:

@Rob R5ae7be2b4d6fd_RR1969FebEktachrome(11).jpg.c391979e75d8ec64c166b24e15087bb0.jpg5ae7be2c1c5ce_RR1969FebEktachrome(12).jpg.49a87f5998e770f646829a3751b79fd6.jpg what a great article.  Karl, thanks for sharing it.  Rob, I too spent my tour in Di An with the 168th Combat Engineers.  We were there to support The Big Red One.  Our guys probably built your barracks and showers and tank pads.  Only missed you by a couple of years.  I got out of there in November 1966 and never looked back!!!

Jay bee thank you for your service, it a pleasure to talk to someone who did time in Di An could ever really experience the happenings unless you were actually there. P.S, thanks for making the drainage ditches around the hooches as deep as you did,,,,, keep us reasonably dry in the rainy season.......! 

Edited by Rob R
  • Like 2

Paulragan

US army reserve, 589th and 464th combat engineer

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Rob R
21 minutes ago, Paulragan said:

US army reserve, 589th and 464th combat engineer

Paul, you need to drop a note to nylyon the site admin and he will get the Army emblem onto your member I.D.. Thanks for your service. 

• Like 1