jonboat

Hello everyone, I'm a proud new wheel horse owner having just purchased an oldie but a goodie, I'm already impressed and amazed at the ruggedness of these tractors and can't wait to put it to work........I'm Looking for a few accessories for a 1971 GT14 1-0500-6...specifically, i'm looking for a mower deck, dump cart and a snow blower....does anyone have any idea what part numbers I would need...also need an owners manual/maintenance manual for the 1-0500 but can't seem to find any for a 1971 GT14 in the downloads ....

Does anyone know the differences between the 69 through 72 GT14's

thanks for any info you could give!

Aldon

Welcome to the forum. Everything you asked for can be found in the Forums Manual section. Mower Decks and Plows can be found with some time spent perusing this sites wanted and classified section, Craigslist and Ebay. Tillers and Snow Blowers for this tractor series are somewhat rare. Be aware that the Mower Deck and mule drive is specific to the tractor or a couple models due to the way it attaches. It is not like the later series attach-a-matic implements of the later 70's, 80's and early 90's tractors.

jonboat

thanks for the input Aldon...I'm just in the early stages of figuring out what I have purchased! Pretty neat little tractor...I'm anxious to see what all it can do.

953 nut
:WRS:  Once you bolt a tach-a-matic to your frame you can use most Wheel Horse decks. The drive belt arrangement on the earlier decks (1967 to 1973) can look a bit strange, but once you have used it a few times it will seem natural. You could also attach a mule drive to the front of the GT-14 to use a later model deck.

The correct deck is 5-1201, take a look at the manual for it on this site.

Hope this helps.
:text-welcomeconfetti:
Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

If you search the files using 1-0500 this is where it takes you
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/search/?q=1-0500&type=downloads_file&sortby=relevancy&page=1
Look for the D&A file which is Details and Attachments. The attachment list includes the attachment at the time, the one that replaced the original and often the model current when the list was made. You are not limited to these because often there are more models between the last two. Of course earlier models did not make the list either. Doing a search for GT-14 will bring them all up and there should be a D&A file for each of them also. Once you have the individual model numbers you can search for those.
You may have already figured that out.

Garry