fast88pu

did anyone on here from Ct get the 520-8 today ?

fast88pu

Was wondering if another redsqare member got the 520-8 that was on Cl listed for sale in Pine bush NY ? The owner said he was from Ct and had 20 some wheel horses lol. I am thinking it has to be a member. It was 5 mins from my house and I was too late to it but I picked up the C-81 that he also had for sale. You win some and loose some I guess

AMC RULES
Pretty sure I just heard it was rustled across the NY/CT border today. 

stevebo
:auto-layrubber:
  • Like 1

fast88pu

stevebo did you get it ?

stevebo

I did. I got a call from my good friend Fireman this afternoon and he told me about the two. I was on the road so I had him contact seller and set up the pick up. Fireman was at work until tomorrow so he could not make the trip. The owner was nice but man he was out there in the sticks... Anyhow here are the before and after cleaning pics. This guy literally made his own tire chains. Check this out... 

photo (86).JPG

photo (84).JPG

photo (89).JPG

photo (82).JPG

photo (88).JPG

photo (90).JPG

• Like 6

stratostar250

At first glance, those tire chains, gave me the :hide: feeling, but with the tires inflated, they look pretty decent! Nice grab.  Looks like you got another rare one! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Ken B

It really pays to have a truck that has a top end that is.....unlimited. Man, literally plucked right out of yer backyard..:hide:

fast88pu

I am glad a fellow member got it. love the chains. I've been looking for a 520 for a while now. Its nice out that way. I am 5 mins down the road from there. I picked up the c-81. Baerpath let me know about it this morning but I was out by PA picking up some garden plows. 

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Wow, you worked your magic on that. The hours are a bonus.

Glenn

stevebo

I called Will (Truckin 88) and let him know that I was in his backyard plucking a good one. 

truckin88

It really pays to have a truck that has a top end that is.....unlimited. Man, literally plucked right out of yer backyard..:hide:

My truck is fast the trailer is New, and I would have been over there, but trying to lower my online time...missed this one. Good pick, I will get you boys back, I work in Brewster a lot more.....

• Like 1

buckrancher
:angry-tappingfoot:
  • Like 1

fast88pu
:violence-blades:

muz123

I can't believe i missed that. Nice find though!

stevebo

Spent a little time this afternoon pulling it apart and cleaning it up. Will do a refurbish on this one. I have one for show so this will be clean with new paint, decals etc. It should come out pretty nice and be very presentable. Here is how it sits now. Tins will be sandblasted the rest will get sanded and primed. 

photo 5.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

• Like 3

Ken B

You on vacation again?:ychain:

• Like 2

stevebo

This thing came apart using air tools in all of 30 mins. 

• Like 1

papaglide

Freaking amazing. That would prolly take me hours upon hours upon hours and I would most likely screw it up. I dont know how you do it but hats off to you for having the ability and knowledge!! 
Geez, even the motor??  :blink:

Edited by papaglide

stevebo

Pulling the motor is really easy. 4 bolts, disconnect the wiring harness at the connector and also the front lights. Remove pto loop and drive belt and lift. Not sure what the deal is with the motor but I will look into that once I get the paint done (or while waiting for sandblasting if I have time). I have done several restores using rusto heavy rust primer and then brushing valspar on the frame and tranny and it levels out nice. I will spray all the tins with gun. 

truckin88

Is this the cheapest 520 you have ever gotten?

I knew you couldn't leave it alone.

Edited by truckin88

fireman

Freaking amazing. That would prolly take me hours upon hours upon hours and I would most likely screw it up. I dont know how you do it but hats off to you for having the ability and knowledge!! 
Geez, even the motor??  :blink:

​If you think that was fast, I think KenB has a thread about a  2 day restoration he did. It's somewhere here on the forum. Talk about pure drive!

And to think Steve, you actually thought about NOT going to pick this 520-8 up. I think the quote was something like "That's a long way to go to buy a tractor without seeing it". And I think my reply was like " It's a 520-8 and another tractor for $200. The parts alone are worth way more". I would have bought it if I wasn't working. And that says 
a lot!

whtractors24

Spent a little time this afternoon pulling it apart and cleaning it up. Will do a refurbish on this one. I have one for show so this will be clean with new paint, decals etc. It should come out pretty nice and be very presentable. Here is how it sits now. Tins will be sandblasted the rest will get sanded and primed. 

photo 5.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

​steve no playing around!!!
bet this makes it to the show us ct guys make it happen :deadhorse:

Ken B

Jeff, that was the 8 hr refurb on my 417. Can't find the thread though. 

A little birdie just let word out this might not be the last 520...

Edited by Ken B

truckin88

Ken what does that mean, does the guy have more?

fast88pu

Truckin88 their are a few 520s around pine bush. I have been scouting them out and know where they are. Now just the waiting for the owners to sell them lol. And if he did not get it I would have I hope. And for $100 how can you beat it ?