snowhound

C160 Hydro Question

snowhound

I am going to look at a C 160 with a hydro and know nothing about the hydro transmission.   The tractor isn't running so if I do buy it I will have to roll it onto my truck I know there should be a bypass valve but don't know where to look for it.   Could someone tell me where to look or post a photo of the valve.

Ed

oldredrider

I don't have a picture, but the tow valve is on the left side of the transmission behind the fender pan facing forward. Should be a slotted bolt for a screwdriver. 

Edited by oldredrider
  • Like 2

chorusguy

I recently bought one that had been sitting for a while.  It rolled easily without turning the tow valve.  I thought I was screwed but when I got it home and got it started it functioned fine.  Someone on the forum said that after they sit for a while the hydro loses pressure and that is why it rolled.  

The tow valve is o the drivers left inside the fender and maybe three inches higher than the fender lip.  It is about the diameter of a pencil and protrudes about an inch

• Like 1

boovuc

I would still try to open the tow valve before moving. If it sat awhile and the tow valve hasn't been opened in a good long while, it may be a (edit) to open. Bring tools. You can move it very slowly for a short distance but a great distance it isn't advisable. 

• Like 1

snowhound

Thanks for the replies, I will bring a dolly to but the rear wheels on just in case I have a problem with the tow valve.

daveoman1966

Tow valve is on left side, here is a bad pic of it...but you can see the location, at least.  It is difficult to get to and probably stuck. 

TOW VALVE.JPG

90-1136 -13a.JPG

• Like 1

snowhound

Thanks for the photos Dave

Wheelhorsegt14

What is the correct position for the push valve? 

daveoman1966

To close the PUSH valve, turn it all all the way CLOCKWISE, until it bottoms out.