Jparkes43

HELP! At the end of my sanity with this thing

mid60's

Had that same problem with that same engine. New carb. points and anything else I could bolt on. It was the timing.

Brian01

thanks anglo, oh really? i did see that but i'm not sure if my float is bad or not. ok does anyone here has a refurb kit. thanks for all the part numbers. oh thanks like a proper rebuild etc, yes time doesn't really matter to me i know i need a few news seals and gaskets. i might do. but you are right of coarse. i just looked on ebay for a rebuild kit and it looks pretty good value i might consider it. but as your not to far away you having a look at it is a very kind offer.

i did decide to take apart the carb and clean it a bit and heres where i am at.

IMG_1367_zpskrjmwjtf.jpg

IMG_1368_zpsw6apt0lw.jpg

james

some people have said about blowing out the lines with an air compressor?

You have to be careful doing that. Make sure you don't lose any seals

Brian01

Its best to just use carb cleaner and a small piece of wire or needle and can out every hole. I wouldnt take a chance with the comressor.Take the jet screws out and clean thoroughly. Don't forget, they have holes in them as well....your best bet is to get a good bottle of carb cleaner and a can of carb cleaner, take the carb and just put it in a bucket of it and let it sit overnight. Then disassemble and clean.

Brian01

Also Get ya a paint can lid or something and fill it with gas...take your float and sit it in it and put a socket or something ontop of it, so that it holds in under... for 30 minutes or so. Then take it out and shake it to make sure it doesn't have a hole in it.

Jparkes43
oh yes the time gap is fun. i do indeed Koen but you cant use that kind of puller on that flywheel as there is no bolt holes. timing was my next port of call. yes thanks i was very carefull. ok great information thanks

james

Jparkes43

hello, so guys i asked my local agricultural place that does repairs and they said that they would not do it as Tecumseh closed a few years ago and they have no stock left for parts. Looks like im on my own and got to keep working at it

james

stevasaurus

How much would you think it would cost to ship a 6 hsp Tecky from the states to you?  The Big show is just around the corner, might be able to do something there.  :eusa-think:

• Like 1

Jparkes43

its something to think of but it will probably be quite a cost but it will be a option i could let you know on. ive seen a full rebuild kit that seems alright from the us

james

• Like 1

Horse46

I never would have thought there would be a link to DUCATI from a Wheel Horse. 

I don't envy your task James, Ducati electronics were never a good thing back in the day :techie-studyinggray: keep going though I'm sure you can do it.

• Like 2

devonionredneck

No idea if your still struggling with this thing, but I've worked on a couple aspera engines over the years, (Italian made tecumseh) and the last two I had would just not go on the pull start, same symptoms, occasional sputters but not running, good spark, getting fuel accetible compression, what sorted them in the end was copious amounts of wd40 down the plug hole to soak overnight, a few brisk pulls in the morning to clear the excess then spinning the motor over with another engine ( I use my Howard bantam or the c120) via a v belt, whilst spraying easy start into the airfilter, its worked 2 out of 2 times, after you get it running I find they start easy as anything on the pull start, they just seem to really dislike being laid up.

Jparkes43

Hello, thanks for the help but i have made other plans and the other guys are going to get to see within the next week. 

james